The Emirates Palace is ridiculous in every way. Ridiculously huge, beautiful, spotless, serene and on top of that, heavily laden with super efficient staff, wonderfully imaginative restuarants and highly comfortable rooms. My wife and I have just returned from 10 days of pure pleasure & fun in this unadulterated heaven. We were also there last year for 7 days & it still retains the wow factor, because frankly everything actually works here. Justice can't be done on a simple review to the excellence of this fine Kempinski establishment, go there, experience it for yourselves and enjoy this worldly slice of paradise. If you do and are luckly enough to try any of the following delicacies, please watch out for these personalities that have certainly contributed to this latest trip being again quite a special occassion;
1) Try a Diamond Room, we were on the 5th floor, great sea view, east wing and the most charming super effective Butler in Suileman. What a joy it was, having him looking after us, a truly warm professional.
2) Housekeeping, is one of those roles that rarely get the credit it deserves. We were fortunate to have a brilliant housekeeper, morning and evening (turn down service) in Rudra. These people make such a magnificent difference & this guy was the very best.
3) Mezlai restuarant. This is the traditional Emirati eatery with the most amazing food and character called Shaimaa, who's wonderful personality surely deserves a more senior role, which I'm sure is only a matter of time. Go there before and you'll understand why.
4) The Brisas Pool Bar, this is dominated by two of the most talented cocktail geniuses out there.
Antony, who can make water 10 times better, by just looking at it and Saw, who's exuberance, smile and dynamic style is only matched by his equally skillful ability to produce drinks as an art form. This is not to take anything away from there colleagues, but miss these two at your peril.
5) BBQ AL Qasr. The beach restuarant (so good we went there twice). The larger than life personality that makes this flow on the front line is undoubtably Ashley, a complete communicater who thoroughly exudes lightness and expertise in his craft, the best waiter in residence. The food is also quite fantastic.
These are just a few of the very good reasons to pay a visit to the Emirates Palace.
Whether you are lucky enough to come across any of the abovementioned names or not is irrelavant, the place is stuffed with several more. There's twice as many staff than guests at any given time. Hakasaan bar is the longest in Abu Dhabi and serves outstanding bererages, the Vendrome (Buffet Restuarant & breakfast area) is spectacular, Mezzaluna (the Italian) Etoile (European) Dirwan (Lebanese) Las Brisas (Brunch,lunch high end snacks) and many others etc, are all top experiences, even room service is ridiculous. The pools, beach, bicycles, club car, spa, tennis courts, gym, marina, promenade & grounds are also perfect.
Oh and YES, of course we're planning to return, all going well again, next year.
We're not that easily pleased, mainly because we've travelled extensively and eaten in some of the most wonderful places during our travels, but this place is a step ahead of the rest.
Thank you all again very much at the EPH. Room 3503 from the 17th-27th of May 2012.
Go for a Diamond room, they all have a sea view and beautiful balconies.
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC