Location is not central to the shops and buzz of Meongdong, but it is within easy walking distance of the Geoyongbokgong palace and the Insadong street shops. Did walk once from Namdaemun market back to hotel but its not for small kids or old folks.
Room size (1 bedroom delux) bigger than standard hotel rooms, with separate lounge and kitchen areas. Did not feel cramped in. All necessities are in the room. Housekeeping was very swift on call. No WIFI in room only LAN but free WIFI down in lobby and buffet restaurant.
Could not get underfloor heater to switch off or lower temperature, even housekeeping could not figure it out. Resorted to using AC!
In a country where the English language is seldom understood, hotel staff could communicate very well. Not the same could be said of taxi drivers or shops!
Included breakfast was not the best, the same stale eggs, fatty bacon and oily sausages every morning. Had some meals in in-house restaurant, was ok.
Good price (190,000 per night inclusive) puts this place ahead of any other place in town I could choose from.
- Also Known As:
- Somerset Palace Seoul Hotel Seoul
- Somerset Palace Seoul Hotel
- Somerset Palace Hotel Seoul
- Seoul Somerset Palace Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in downtown Seoul beside Gyeongbok Palace, Somerset Palace is in the heart of city's business and financial districts. Somerset Palace offers a tranquil environment, beautiful gardens, a rooftop swimming pool and great city views. Several embassies and offices of multinational companies are nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Tingo so you can book your Somerset Palace Seoul reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.