Myself and my fiance had called ahead to the concierge at the hotel and had a meet and assist set up so that when we landed in Cairo we were greeted in the airport by a man named Ahmed, he took our passports and the money for the visa and completed the process for us so we just had to meet him on the other side of customs and not have to deal with any of the paperwork. He also picked up our bags at the carousel and we did not have to touch a thing. We were then taken to the hotel in a gorgeous Benz and greeted by the awaiting staff.
Our room was on the 15th floor with an amazing veiw of the nile which is esspecially gorgeous at night when the boats that the employees told us are called flookas are lit up.
My fiance and I, who are both very athletic my fiance being a fitness instructor, spent our mornings at the gym facilities which is bigger then any hotel gym ive ever seen including the seperate studio where i did yoga and pilates alone and also took in a very energized arobics class.
We set up a tour of the pyramids with Ahmed at the concierge desk who is a very happy and helpful young man, it started fairly early, but avoided most of the heat and had a very personable tourguide that was very knowledgeable on the area, probably the highlight of our time in Egypt!
We had our romantic anniversary dinner of the day we met at the Sygon restraunt with beautiful asian cuisine, i must say it had some of the nicest decor i have ever seen including an expensive purple crystal chandelier!
Overall our stay at the Fairmont was one of the most amazing vacation experiences we have ever had and have reccomended it to everyone of our friends and even persuaded some fellow candians that we met in the downstairs mall to switch hotels and we saw them in the morning and they couldnt have been happier they had. We will continue to reccommend this hotel to everyone we meet!
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Cairo, Nile City Hotel
- Fairmont Cairo, Nile City Hotel Cairo
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Fairmont Nile City. Modern luxury. Ancient Wonders.On the banks of the famed Nile River, the city of Cairo—“The Triumphant” in Arabic—is the center of Egyptian culture and commerce. Here, civilizations have met for centuries, and Cairo today offers a rich diversity of contrasts. Modern architecture and ancient mosques. Urban sparkle and restful natural beauty. Business and leisure. And there’s no better way to experience the majesty of the city and its history than through the gracious hospitality of Fairmont Nile City, Cairo hotel. Like the city itself, Fairmont Nile City offers a delightful series of contrasts. Equipped with the most advanced design and technology to serve the needs of the discerning traveler, this luxury Cairo hotel is also intimately attuned to its surroundings.With sweeping panoramas of the Nile River, and views of the Pyramids in the distance, Cairo’s natural beauty and ancient history are always in sight. Added to this panoply of wonders are special features such as culinary adventures at the city’s finest restaurants, a chance to bask in the sunshine or under the stars at our unique rooftop poolside sky bar, and truly indulgent, full-service treatments at our Willow Stream Spa—all ensuring that each and every visit to Fairmont Nile City, Cairo is certain to be an experience that is memorable and utterly magnificent. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Otel, Travelocity, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz and Tingo so you can book your Fairmont Cairo, Nile City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.