We stayed here on 2 different occasions but after we learned the staff was ripping us off, we knew we were not going back for a third visit. Because of the following reasons, here is why we would not ever look at the Horus House again.
1) Even after confirmation to pick us up at the airport ( we have the letter), they didn't. When we talked to them about this confirmation and it appered to us that they dould have cared less.
2) Over priced, $80 USD/night. They would not discount for long stays. For a couple of dollars more, one can move to the Safir Hotel just down the road for a much nicer room and location beside the Nile, but if your on a budget holiday, try the Mayfair Hotel, $46 USD/250 LE (honest staff, clean rooms). The Horus house has nothing to offer, no view, lousey T.V. reception, small balcony once 5 or more people try to use this.
3) Way over charged for a bottle of water, 20 LE and from the store a bottle of water costed 2 LE (1000% mark up). We talked to another couple that was having breakfast with us one morning about not buying water here when an Egyptian over heard us and asked the staff if this was true, staff's response was they do this because we dont know what things cost there yet.
4) Lousey mattresses to sleep, hard pillows to rest your head on.
We will never stay here again, if you can book into the Long Champs Hotel (upstairs, same building) do that, otherwise, this building has nothing to offer you to make your vacation an enjoyable one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Horus House Hotel, a 3 stars hotel offers air-conditioned rooms with LCD TV and free Wi-Fi. Buffet breakfast, an outdoor terrace and ticket service are available.Horus House Hotel’s rooms each have satellite TV and a work desk. A minibar is also provided, and guests can order in-room breakfast and room service.The staff at Horus House’s 24-hour front desk are available to assist with currency exchange or airport shuttle arrangements. Express check-in/check-out is also offered.Hot buffet breakfast is available each day, and guests can enjoy a drink on hotel Horus House’s outdoor terrace.Located in Cairo’s quiet Zamalek district, Horus House Hotel is 1 mile from both Ramses Train Station and Gezira subway station. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Horus House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.