I have scored high this hotel even though I had some mixed feelings when I left a few weeks ago.
We spent 5 nights here and overall it was a good experience.
- location: walking distance from Forbidden City, Tiang'men Square and Wangfujing shopping area and restaurants
- good value. We paid significantly less than we would have with other similar alternatives we considered
- breakfast is excellent and even though not included in room, it was affordable
- service is a bit hit and miss. Some of the requests we included in our reservation were ignored (adjacent rooms). Concierge offering car services clearly above market price. Girls soliciting allowed to linger at hotel door (i was approached one evening and after complaining about it at reception, I found same girl next evening at hotel door)
- rooms were just correct. Do not expect luxury. Same applies to the cleaning. One of our rooms had a bit of a smell coming from bathroom and there was a bit of an excess of dust on the floor. Let me be clear. Nothing dramatic. Just a bit under the standard you would expect for a 4* hotel.
Having said all that, do not be put off by the CONs above. The reality is that if I were to go back to Beijing I would still consider Kapok as a good option based on location and good value for quality. However if you are of the picky type, pay the extra bucks and go elsewhere.
We are a family of 4 and we had booked two fashion double rooms.
- Also Known As:
- Kapok Hotel Beijing
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Kapok in Beijing is a uniquely designed boutique hotel located in the heart of this ancient Chinese city. A modern looking boutique hotel crafted with a touch of Chinese influence, next to the Forbidden City in Beijing. The lantern, a traditional icon in China, is used as a concept of exterior design, which breaks the boundaries between inner space and outdoor environment. An unconventional layout presents a spacious area; the ample use of glass enhances the natural light and the bamboo courtyard in the lobby slows the pac e of urban life. Hotel Kapok consists of 89 guestrooms and 16 suites, appointed with small gardens on the balcony. The interior design focuses on simplicity and pureness: white is all-pervading in the room, wooden floors and glass built bathrooms liberates the traveler's body and soul. The "Staircase Library" certainly increases the joy of reading. Hotel Kapok delivers personalized services while providing conveniences such as restaurants, bars, meeting rooms, business and fitness center.Hotel Kapok is located in the heart of Beijing , on the east side of the Forbidden City, minutes away from the famous shopping district Wangfujing. Tiananmen Square, Temple of Heaven, Beijing Train Station is also close by. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Kapok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.