I have been coming to HK for several years. I have stayed at countless hotels in both Kowloon and Central side. I do think that being in Wan Chai is a great thing, close to the metro, close to the convention center, easy access to the Airport Express train and also to the ports. It's also close to the restaurants and the bars if you are into that sort of thing. So the location can't be beat and that's the good thing.
Hotels in HK are getting way more expensive in the last few years, peak periods are getting crazy so I do put a serious importance on price. The price on this hotel is far from a bargain but came in about $25 USD per night less than some of the nearby hotels that I also enjoy (Wharney Guang Dong) and about $50 cheaper than Empire Hotel which I really love. The rooms are both worse and better than their counterparts. The Internet is super-fast BUT not included in the room fee. I can't believe hotels in HK still do this as even the ones in China have learned to include free Internet. Anyway... it is $100 per day fee (which I think is quite expensive). The rooms are average size for HK a small flat screen is sufficient and two chairs. The Queen bed had a memory foam bed which was quite nice.
Staff seemed fine and even somewhat friendly. That said they are better than most in the area. Only complaint is the carpets could be replaced. Short of that it's on par with the Wharney and other more expensive hotels in the area. Location Location Location.
- Also Known As:
- Gloucester Luk Kwok Hong Kong Hotel Hong Kong
- Gloucester Luk Kwok Hong Kong Hotel
- Luk Kwok Hong Kong
- Hotel Luk Kwok
- Gloucester Luk Kwok Hong Kong
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Gloucester Luk Kwok Hong Kong is a super-value hotel located in the heart of Wanchai business district which is within few minutes walk to reach the Hong Kong Convention & Exhibition Centre. With its close proximity to the MTR Wanchai Station, it brings guests every convenience to gain access to all parts of Hong Kong. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Asiatravel.com Holdings, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Ctrip DaoDao, Agoda, HotelTravel.com and Tingo so you can book your Gloucester Luk Kwok Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.