I had a 24 hour stopover in Hong Kong en route from the Far East back to Dubai, and also to attend a short business meeting. My inbound flight was late, but hotel reservations staff (Ms Fanny) emailed me to say she was aware of my delay and they would keep an eye on things and re schedule my meetings. Upon arrival in Hong Kong and after huge queues at airport immigration, it was fantastic to get onto the hotel courtesy coach, and was in the hotel within 7 minutes. Friendly driver. Check in at the executive floor. Remarkably polite staff took care of that. I revisited the lounge at six for the cocktails and snacks. Exemplary service and courtesy throughout. Finished my business meeting and slept around midnight. Didn't go for the complimentary breakfast in the restaurant, opting for room service instead. Order taker was polite, food delivered bang on time, and the courtesy bus waited for me whilst I dealt with a minor issue at check out ( my fault, not the hotels). Baggage handling and main desk staff also exceptional, polite and friendly, despite clearly being very, very busy.
All in all, I was very impressed with this hotel. I spend half my life in hotels and tend to be quite fussy. These guys managed to make me smile.
Two minor observations: room layout a bit quirky. Great views though. And the lobby area is surrounded by vast bars and restaurants, which gave a noisy rather than calming perception. Not excessively so, though.
Would definitely use this hotel again.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Citygate Hong Kong Hotel
- Novotel Citygate Hong Kong Hotel Hong Kong
- Accor Hong Kong
- Novotel Hong Kong
- Novotel Hong Kong Airport
- Hong Kong Novotel
- Novotel Citygate Hong Kong
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The only airport hotel in Hong Kong with city convenience, Novotel Hong Kong Citygate is just 5 minutes from Hong Kong International Airport and AsiaWorld-Expo. With direct access to MTR, it takes only 30 minutes to the city centre and Hong Kong Disneyland is 2 stops away. Enjoy spectacular views from the Ngong Ping Cable Car and discover bargain shopping at Citygate Outlets, both are at the doorstep. Features meeting facilities, two restaurants, a bar, a 24-hour gym and swimming pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, ACCOR, Travelocity, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Ctrip DaoDao, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Novotel Citygate Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.