I went there yesterday after purchasing my voucher in a deal site. The good thing about the place is that you don't have to reserve if you were coming solo. After giving the voucher to the waiter and checking it, I proceed to my table. And what an experience it was..
The bad things first!
1. The FOOD. Probably the worst food I ever ate in a restaurant.. It was meh. It was greasy. They have a dinner buffet and the food was nothing to write home about. It will raise your cholesterol levels so high that your head will explode (just joking). I won't say its unappetizing, but I wish they add some flavor in it. The only redeeming factor is that the water is refreshing. You hear that!! The water is nice! Why? They have a "no left over policy", so the water helps me in stuffing that greasy stuff in my mouth. In the end, I puked all the contents in my stomach.
2. Price. I have a voucher so the price was cut in a half. But I curiously read their menu and the price was too high for the food they offer. Price gouging if you ask me.
Now for the good things!!
1. The Ambiance. It's really nice. It is a Hollywood themed resto so there are many pictures of Hollywood stars and Hollywood films. The film geek on me just burst into happiness seeing those row of autographed pictures of celebrities. It was a film heaven. Kids and Kids at heart will get a kick in visiting this place.
2. The performance! Yeah, the waiters on their costumes ( Spiderman, Ironman) will perform every 30 minutes or so. They were very enjoyable. Those waiters knows how to dance very well.There are live singing too (the Disney Princess in my visit).. And they have a nice stage and LED lights that really invites your senses. I really like it.
3. The service is quite nice and the costumed waiters interact with the patrons and audiences alike. You could also take your picture with them.
Overall, for the price of food in this establishment, it is not worth it. So food junkies should be aware of that. But the ambiance, performance and the theme of the restaurant somehow redeems the lackluster food. It is an enjoyable evening punctuated with obviously happy kids strolling on the resto. It is such a nice place. I only wish that they should up the ante of their menu and I will happily give them a 5 stars.
If you own or manage Movie Stars Cafe, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.