I slept in a female dorm (6beds) for two nights. This dorm is located in another building which is opposite of the main hostel.
2. comfy beds (if you are not taking the top bunks as some skills might be needed to climb).
1. Unfriendly staff.
- no effort to introduce the hostel facilities, etc.
- Barging into the dorm at 10am to switch off the air-con. (did not knock politely, esp when the person was a guy entering a female dorm and made so much noise with his keys) I had had a long flight and extremely tired. This was my greatest annoyance which I find it terrible to be waken up by the staff instead of the guests in the same room. *Pls note that the air-con has a timer which can be put to good use)
- Did not find them friendly or try to initiate small talks. (my first time experiencing such "unfriendliness" among the many hostels that I've been to)
2. Lack of shower rooms and toilet.
- 2dorms on this floor accommodating 16 people but only provide: 1 toilet with shower attached, 1 shower room, 2 basins
3. Insufficient power socket
- of all the 6 beds, only one has socket beside it.
Good reviews from other travellers encouraged us to stay here but it was a wrond decision after all. A little more introduction of the hostel might have reduced my dissatisfaction or was it because my skin colour matters here? That was how I felt.
- Also Known As:
- The Hive Backpackers Hotel Singapore
- The Hive Backpackers Hotel
- The Hive Backpackers Hostel Singapore
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 7 years ago The Hive opened our doors to the world.The support from all our guests over the years and the hardwork + great service put in, The Hive is still going strong 7 years on.Those who have stayed and returned would vouch that we have been constantly upgrading ourselves so that we are in a better position to serve.Our commitment to great service has not changed since Day 1 and that will continue to be our main focus for the many years to come.In 2012, expect to see many more improvements. For those that loved our FREE breakfast (cereals & toast), FREE Internet usage (Wi-Fi included), all day FREE coffee & tea, NO CURFEW, fantastic SERVICE, these are here to stay!Looking for a place that can host your family on that long awaited family holiday?Never knew what it is like to bunk in with a people from all over the world?All you need is a clean, comfortable, cosy place to rest that is easy on the pockets and only worrying where to go and what to eat?Well, The Hive might just be THE place. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HostelWorld, Agoda and HostelBookers so you can book your The Hive Backpackers Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.