Stayed for three nights: 1st night in a double room and second in the family room (which is basically the female dorm room) on the first floor. Because the family room wasn't available on our first night, we booked a double room for me and my hubby + our daughter, and a dorm room for my sister through the website. We received the confirmation for both, but when we got to the hostel, we found out that only the double room was successfully reserved. The hostel was full for it was a Saturday. They said they'll resolve it (owner claims it could be a "system glitch"), and such resolution was to let my hubby sleep on the floor in the hallway. And well, the hubby did. To add insult to the injury, they woke up my hubby at 7:30 AM the next day for people will be passing to and fro the hallway.
On the second day, we waited for the family room to be ready so we could transfer from the double room. I was left in the room a little past 12noon napping while the rest headed out for lunch. I understand it's check out time, but totally got annoyed that the staff kept barging in the door without knocking to remind us to move our luggage out and even told me that "the customer is already here". Mind you, the room was vacant the whole day. And so were three other rooms.
Rooms are tiny and windowless but clean. Bathrooms are cleaned daily too, unlike our room. Breakfast (toast and jam) is included but served past 8 in the morn. Wi-Fi connection is good, and hot water for shower is available 24 hours. Dining hall has plates and utensils if you need to use some for your takeaway food. There's also an electric kettle to heat water for coffee/tea/instant noodles. Hostel is very near Bugis MRT. Pubs and restos are just around the corner.
They could be very strict with the check out time, because we were asked to vacate our family room 12noon on the dot. Or else we had to pay some dollars even for just half an hour more. We ended up taking our unpacked things to the dining hall to finish our packing.
Really disappointed, especially cause we specifically chose this hostel because of its good reviews. Should you book a room, I suggest sending a follow up email to confirm if it indeed went through (to prevent sleeping on the floor). They reply pretty quick.
- Also Known As:
- Feel At Home Pte. Ltd. (Backpackers) Hotel
- Feel At Home Pte. Ltd. (Backpackers) Hotel Singapore
- Feel At Home Pte. Ltd. (Backpackers) Singapore
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Feel At Home is a brand new backpacker in Singapore, giving you maximum comfort. Free Breakfast, Internet, evening snacks, hot/cold water, clean bathrooms, kitchen, watching machine/dryer etc. We are at walking distance to all the major tourist destinations of Singapore. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HostelWorld, Agoda and HostelBookers so you can book your Feel At Home Pte. Ltd. (Backpackers) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.