I stayed at this hotel few yrs ago, and havent been back here till today. I made d right choice for not staying here for years.
1. Checking in was pain in d butt, took forever, inefficient
2. No sofa, chair whatsoever at the lobby for us to sit, while one of us checking in
3. Snappy, cold, impersonal staffs.
4. Took the, 40 minutes to get our suitcases
5. I decided to walk around till they get my room ready, when i called they put me o hold for a long time and i had to dial back again. Fnally someone at front desk picked up d phone, her name s kay, and she rude. I know this hotel is doing really well, but i dont think this is d way to treat guests.
6. The light fixtures on the top of d sinks are filled with dirts, dead bugs
Well, the only good thing about this hotel is the location. That's about it. I guess this hotel is packed in spite of their rude treatment to the guests due to its location. I am wondering if they ever train their front office staffs?
Oh one good thing, the cleaning lady on mu floor was really corteous and nice. A nice change in d midst of rude staffs.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Orchard Singapore Hotel
- Mandarin Orchard Singapore Hotel Singapore
- Mandarin Singapore
- Meritus Mandarin Singapore
- Meritus Mandarin Hotel
- Singapore Mandarin
- Mandarin Orchard Singapore
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Established in 1971, Mandarin Orchard Singapore is a veritable icon in the local hospitality industry, embodying rich Oriental charm. Its prominent location in the heart of the world-renowned shopping beltof Orchard Road makes it the preferred hotel of choice for many visitors. Boasting some 1,051 lavish guest rooms, each a harmonious blend of comfort and contemporary elegance, they are equipped withbroadband Internet access, comprehensive amenities and a panoramic view of the city from the higher floors.A smorgasbord of food and beverage offerings is available throughout the hotel. These include award-winning cuisines from Chatterbox, home of the Mandarin Chicken Rice; Mandarin Court Chinese Restaurant; Triple Three, an international buffet restaurant; Coffee & Crust, a café serving tempting cakes, pastries and coffee from illy; and Bar on 5, a chill-out bar five floors above Orchard Road. The hotel also offers expansive meeting and function facilities, as well as advanced audio-visual equipment and intelligent lighting systems, making it the ideal choice for meetings, incentives, conventions and exhibitions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Sabre Hospitality Solutions , Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Otel, Venere, Amex, EasyToBook, HotelTravel.com and Tingo so you can book your Mandarin Orchard Singapore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.