We spent one night here on the way back from Europe and arrived at the hotel at 6 am in the morning. At checkin we were told the hotel had been full overnight but that as soon as there were checkouts and room service staff were at work at 8am a room would be made available as soon as possible. In the meantime we were generorusly invited to take breakfast.
The room was made available at 9:30. We had booked a club room thinking that as we had an early arrival we could at least relax in the club lounge whilst waiting for a room to be available. Ours was on the 19th floor and was spacious bright and well furnished and we were well pleased to have been granted the room early.
Immediately on entering the room we went to bed, only to be woken when a hammer drill started at 10:00 am. Thankfully that only lasted half an hour and we eventually got back to sleep for a couple of hours. It is of course standard policy for all hotels to specify a check in time of 2pm and check out at noon, so anyone arriving before 2pm should not expect to get
a room. However if a hotel is not full then they generally will allow an earlier check in as it is good PR. Arriving at 6am we could only hope that the Hotel would get us a room as soon as possible, which they did, and for which we were grateful. The comment about the renovations is that had we been aware of that fact at the time of booking, we would have booked a different hotel in which to take our chances of an early checkin and thus avoided the disturbance.
There was a note in the room about the renovations and a soft toy bear asking people to bear with us during the renovations which inconveniences the hotel had tried to minimise. All that was too late for us as we had not noticed the warning that also appears on the website.
One area which has been affected by the renovations is that the club room is temporarily a penthouse suite on the 20th floor. It is small and whilst the service provided by William and his staff there is excellent, it opens only from 10:30am to 10 pm. It was thus not a "refuge" for us early arrivals. The evening cocktail facilities were also well below the standard that we had experienced in the other Pan Pacific last year. Space in the penthouse was also very limited. These comments have affected our value for money comment as our room was SGD 500++.
The Club breakfast was on the ground floor and provided an excellent breakfast buffet. Food quality and range was excellent.
The hotel location is tucked away behind the top end of Orchard road. The nearest MRT station is a 10 minute walk away, Orchard which is probably one of the most difficult stations to get in to, submerged as it is below several shopping centres.
- Also Known As:
- Pan Pacific Orchard Hotel Singapore
- Pan Pacific Orchard Hotel
- Pan Pacific Singapore
- Singapore Pan Pacific
- Pan Pacific Orchard Singapore
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The newly refurbished five-star business hotel is proud to unveil a refreshed collection of guestrooms, meeting spaces, facilities and food and beverage outlets. Conveniently located in the vibrant shopping district of Orchard Road, Pan Pacific Orchard is an oasis in the heart of the city. Our rejuvenated guest rooms are distinguished by soothing palettes, natural accents and modern furnishings inspired by the inviting warmth of the Pacific. Invigorate your senses at our newly introduced award-winning St. Gregory spa. Relax and rejuvenate your body and mind with signature spa treatments or indulge in 10 at Claymore’s signature Plates of Pleasure, a delightful repertoire of premium meats grilled to succulent perfection, coupled with a delectable buffet spread. Exuding understated sophistication, Pan Pacific Orchard, Singapore is your ideal getaway for busy urban dwellers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Cheap Tickets, Otel, Priceline, HotelTravel.com and Tingo so you can book your Pan Pacific Orchard reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.