The one feature that tops the list is LOCATION- the easy connectivity to the nearby malls from the basement and also to the MRT is quite brilliant. That being said, I found the service quite impersonal and cold. First of all, I was very put off because the lady at the reception insisted on deducting SGD 500 from my credit card even though my entire stay had been paid for in advance. This is quite a huge amount and since they spring the condition on us only at the last minute, it almost feels like blackmail. Also she said that it would take 2-3 weeks to refund the deposit amount which is way too long. I am not sure but i got the feeling that they did not insist on a similar deposit from the lady who was checking in at the other counter, so I did get a slight whiff of racial discrimination here.
The rooms are big and spacious and well equipped, though i think there is something wrong with the structure of the bathrooms because none of us could manage to take a shower without wetting the entire bathroom (despite taking major precautions with the shower curtain). Services to the room are quite inefficient, it took at least 15 minutes to get bottled water or for someone to come and get our luggage. Also I was shocked to find a used razor (with bits of hair stuck on to it) kept in the bathroom as part of the toiletries.
The breakfast was fantastic with a huge range of cuisines. Apart from bfast, we dint have any other meals in the hotel because the malls are just a hop skip and jump away.
We did not use any of the other facilities, so cant comment on that. Overall I got the feeling that the hotel was very very full up, the lobby always looked like a train station with so many people clogging quite a limited area.
Overall, i would say, I may stay here again but only for the location.
- Also Known As:
- Swissotel The Stamford Hotel
- Swissotel The Stamford Singapore
- Swissotel The Stamford Hotel Singapore
- Swissotel Stamford
- Swissotel Stamford Singapore
- Swissotel Singapore
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located in the heart of Singapore, Swissôtel The Stamford is a deluxe hotel that boasts a prime Singapore location amid the diversions of the Raffles City shopping complex and just 20 minutes away from Singapore Changi International Airport. One of Southeast Asia's tallest hotel, Swissôtel The Stamford offers a luxurious range of 1,261 guestrooms and suites with a wealth of amenities and panoramic views of Singapore and Malaysia. It also boasts an impressive array of 16 restaurants and bars including the Equinox Complex, Singapore's most exciting dining and entertainment complex. The hotel also houses the 70,000sqft Raffles City Convention Centre which comprises 27 meeting venues with technologically advanced business facilities and services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Amex, EasyToBook, HotelTravel.com, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Swissotel The Stamford reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.