“Beware! Stay away from the Village Inn, Annapolis, MD- Unless you want to itch !”
After traveling for 5 hrs by car to Annapolis I was looking forward to a rest & a shower. I had reserved the Village Inn through Orbitz and they listed it as a 2 star - Unfortunatly there was nothing else available and at $140.00 Per night I thought, "How bad could it be? Well it couldn't have gotten any worse. First when I pulled up, I was a little taken back by the apearance of the place and some people drinking beer by their motel room door and seated on some old couch, like a recliner. I was so tires I just prayed it would get better when I opened the door. I didn't expect a 5 star but this was hardly a 0 star never mind the 2 star Orbitz listed it was. Carpets looked very worn, no pile at all. old beat up furniture bathroom looked ok and when I opened the bed it too looked ok, but there was a horrible smell in the room so I just used my perfume to block out the smell and decided to make the best of it since , we hadn't found anything else available when I was looking on line so...I took a shower only to find that the 2 towels in the bathroom were actually hand towels & not bath towels, well again I made due. went to bed to rest and took a nap only to wake up 2 hrs later itching all over my legs and ankles. My husband complained of itching as well yet we detected no bites on him but since I get an allergic reaction from muskito bites or any other insects I could definately noticed several bumps on my upper thighs and ankles. We got up and left for dinner and stoped at the check in hut not attached to the motel and the light was on but no one seemed to be there, no one at the counter, so we just proceeded to dinner, which again could not enjoy since I could not bare the itching.
I didn't want to go back to that place, the thought of going there to sleep just made me ill. I would have prefered to sleep in my car.
We proceeded to look for another hotel. Stoped at the Sheraton Annapolis where Andy at the front desk was very helpful and assisted us in finding another place to sleep since the Sheraton Annapolis was also booked up.
After a great night sleep we retuned to the Motel from hell to return my key and spoke to a gentleman at the desk and explained what happened and showed him a copy of my receipt for the place we did stayed in. Offered to give him a copy and to show him my bites , he said that would not be necesary. He told me he would talk to the manager, took my cell number and said he would call me back, this was Sunday 11 AM, no one ever called me. Monday at 3:00PM I contacted them again , yet to be told that I was speaking to the manager and that they paid an exterminator $200 the day after I left to just come in and inspect the room and nothing was found. Hummm, never heard of an exterminator charging that amount of money for just an inspection, could it be that the charge was for the extermination of the the room that was infested with fleas? You come to your own conclution!
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC