I stayed a few nights at the campsite area of the huge Solaris resort, which was oke but not perfect. I travelled a lot, and stayed in many hostels and cheap Asian hotels, so please keep in mind that I'm not a complaining person... BUT, I do work in the tourism industry and was confronted with some staff members (Ana 2x, Boris) who really perform under standard.
I was surprised how rude the staff at reception was to me, and probably also to all other guests. First I had a problem with the internet voucher I bought, which suddenly stopped working while it shouldn't. They didn't care, blamed it on me and said I had to pay again, so I really had to argue en show my irritation before they finally gave me a new voucher.
Later on I had the same problem with the laundry, as coins are always sold out and the receptionists treat you without any respect. Suggestion for Solaris management: keep the nice Dutch-speaking girl with the curly hair and the girl with the short bleached hair, they know what customer service means... however, fire both Ana's and Boris, they really scare all customers away. Especially the small girl Ana (receptionist): she never smiles, always talks to you like she's angry, never heard of the saying 'customer is king' but blames everything on the customer and she undermines the 4* reputation of the resort by pissing off all guests passing by reception.
Please know that some things are exceptionally good too:
- Showers and toilets are modern, spacious and clean
- a lot of trees, so a lot of shade on the campground
- no noise in the evening, except of some crying babies... but who can blame Solaris?
- fresh bread in the morning, good supermarket.... but be prepared to wait 20 minutes
- nice location, a lot of things organized on campsite
Such a shame people remember negative things for a longer time then positive things... some work to do for Solaris to become a real 4* campsite too!
- Also Known As:
- Apartments Villa Solaris Hotel Sibenik
- Apartments Villa Solaris Hotel
- Solaris Sibenik
- Apartments Villa Solaris Croatia/Sibenik
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Apartments Villa Solaris reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.