I am writing this review from the hotel's "Business Centre" as the the internet has been out of service since I arrived this afternoon.
1. I found the hotel's website when I was looking for accommodation in Dubai. This is my first time in Dubai. I tried to book my dates but was told that there was no room available. I called the reservations number and was put on hold and the operator finally came back and told me that the reservations department was very busy and that if I left my name and number, they would call me back. They never did, and I should have taken this as a sign and not booked my stay.
2. I finally managed to get a booking for the night after I had initially planned on staying, for a 3 night stay. I arrived at the hotel at 12:30PM (after a 7.5 hour flight) and waited in line to check in. When I finally got to the front of the line, the person at the front office, couldn't find my reservation. I waited while I she checked the confirmation email I showed her and she told me to have a sit and wait (again). After a while, someone from reservations came to inform me that they were working on it and that they would get back to me soon. I asked for a wifi login code/password and was given one - but it didn't work.
3. Finally, this reservations person came back and told me it was all sorted and that I could proceed to check in. I made my way to the reception and it was full with 3 lines of at least 5 people in each line. Not wanting to wait as I had things to do, I gave word to the conceirge that I would leave my bags and come back for check in.
4, A few hours later, I came back to the hotel to find that the reception was even more crowded with lines of people and all the seats taken. I tried to get the attention of the different people behind the front desk but to no avail. I had to walk out to the concierge and ask them if they culd help me, but they told me to speak to the front office manager. I went to the front desk and interupted the lady I spoke to earlier and she pointed to a lady next to her.
5. The lady then told me to wait (again) and I went out to speak to the concierge again. This time someone came to help me, but he disappeared again after telling me to wait. After several minutes, he finally came out to tell me that it was all sorted, at the same time the front office manager also came over to talk to me. Then they both left me and I stood there wondering if I was ever going to get into my room.
6. I go up to the counter to ask the manager what was going on and she tells me to wait for what must be the 7th time I was told to wait. Then the person she was dealing with started complaining that he had been waiting for 2 hours.
7. I am finally brought to my room and I quickly get online to check my emails and try to get a bit of work done, and the internet doesn't work. The front office manager finally comes up to check me in and I ask her about the internet. She told me that she would go down to speak with her IT manager and fix the problem. I told her that the earlier code didn't work either and she said she would send up a new code for me. I go to have a shower and having received the new code, I try to get online - Surprise, Suprise, it doesn't work.
8. I call down and ask to speak to her and the operator tells me she's very busy with a guest. Then I ask him if I could speak to someone who can help me with the internet and he said that he would have the manager call me back. Half and hour later, I call again and the operator said that he will call me back in 15 min as they're trying to reach the IT manager. An hour later, I called again and this time the operator told me that the IT manager is out of the hotel, it's a Friday and that he can't say if the internet will get fixed, and told me to go down to the busines centre if I needed the internet.
So, here I am, writing this review, online, and ironically in a hotel that has no internet because it's a Friday and the IT manager has left the hotel.
You know a hotel is terrible when you start thinking about cutting your trip short cos it started out so badly.
I got a one bedroom suite and it's pretty ordinary. ALL the windows face construction sites, around 3 or 4 sites, so I've had to keep the curtains drawn the whole time for privacy. .
Like the Night Hotel in NY that I reviewed before, the condition of the room is not great - The dressing "table" is screwed into the wall and falling off, and has a black burn mark on it, dirty covers on the couch, bed is soft, none of the usual bathroom amenities, blinds that don't work, hangers in the wardrobe have hairs stuck on them (sic), wardrobe doors that don't close properly, etc.
This is the 2nd time that I'm staying at a Wyndham property and I hope it's the last. What is the saying? Fool me once......
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC