Hotel is located just off the Al Rigga road in Deira, an area that has gone downhill and very tacky very rapidly in the last few years. There are much, much nicer parts of Dubai to stay in these days.
1. No shuttle service to and from the airport!!! I was informed as I ONLY had an executive room this service wasnt available to us. I have been going to the UAE for over 12 years now and this is the first time I was told this in a 5* hotel - very disappointing. Major minus point!! Just about every hotel in Dubai, be they 3 4 or 5* have a free hotel shuttle service. The hotel offers a car service for ca. 75 EURO (note the airport is less than a 10 minute drive)
2. Rooms; Very big which loads of space. Beds extremely comfortable. Large Sofa and reading desks as well. Impressive. Bathroom very large with seperate bath and shower. Staff penny pinch and supply the absolute minimum on soaps, shampoos and shower gels - On 2 occasions I had to ask for more (strange for a 5* hotel methinks)
2. Breakfast - catered for the arabian palate which is fine as the majority of guests appear to be from the middle east / Gulf region. Its ok for 1 or 2 nights but after 5 or 6 days we lost all interest and ate elsewhere. Note to management: Tthere were quite a large number of Europeans and North Americans there as well - guess we dont count in your long term planning.
3. Staff; In genereal very friendly. However (there's always one), I mistakedly left the "do not disturb" light on in my room and left for work. Came back at 6pm and asked if they could make up my room - after a long and heated debatte in which I was lectured on my very bad mistake, they finally agreed to make up my room (reception staff). Really not acceptable in a 5* hotel. Also asked for housekeeping at 9pm was was grumpedly told to ring back the next morning.
4. Health Club / Spa; Excellent health club and Pool - top facilities and staff are extremely helpful. Spa prices have gone through the roof - other hotels nearby offer the same spa services i.e massages etc at a quarter the price
4. No Alcohol!! Just about every other 5* hotel in Dubai offers the option of alcohol to it's guests. If you dont drink alcohol out of religious reasons, that's you business and entitlement. However, other guests have different religions, views and tastes and this should be respected.
5. Internet. Very expensive at ca. EUR 25 per 24 hours. Website, not considered to be of meet the moral highground of the local authorities, are blocked by the hotel server. Other servers are used by the other 5* hotels!!!
Conclusion: Nice hotel that has seen better days - certianly not worthy of the 5* rating anymore. Management are penny pinching on every corner and the guest of course bears the brunt of this.
This hotel is fine if you are from the middle east ot Gulf region with 3 or 4 children on hand and want to do a couple of days shopping in Dubai. For western visitors looking to enjoy a relaxing week or so in Dubai - there are much better beach front hotels available in Dubai in the same price category.
Business people should give the place a wide berth - the place is overrun with familes and caters for them accordingly.
All in all I enjoyed the hotel due the friendliness of the staff but I wont be going back
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC