As anyone who has been to Dubai knows, the hotels there are in a completely different class than those in America. There is a higher expectation for service and the rooms are expected to be perfect...especially at a place like the Crowne Plaza.
While the stay was awesome and the breakfast the best I've ever had at a hotel, the room was not up to standard. It was clean and looked classy like you would expect in Dubai, however I was disappointed to find that the plug in the sink was broken (so water took FOREVER to drain from a simple task like washing one's hands) and the remote for the radio was broken.
I would absolutely recommend this hotel to anybody else coming to Dubai. I just hope that the hotel reads this and takes better care to ensure that when the housekeepers find things like broken sinks (there is no way to miss this if you turn the water on) that they are fixed before renting the room out.
And I need to repeat that the breakfast was the best I've EVER had at a hotel. Anything you could imagine and they have it. You can even eat in the courtyard which has a great lawn, palm trees, and a pool all on the 5th floor of the hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Dubai Festival City Hotel
- Crowne Plaza Dubai Festival City Hotel Dubai
- Crowne Plaza Dubai
- Dubai Crowne Plaza
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Crowne Plaza Dubai Festival City is located on the banks of the Dubai Creek. The 5 star hotel features 316 rooms and suites, with leisure facilities including 25m outdoor lap pool, 3 spa pools, children s splash pool, and 24-hour gym. Two 18-hole championship golf courses located minutes away. The hotel is proud to be the first non-smoking Crowne Plaza with a no-smoking policy in all rooms and public areas, offering our guests a cleaner and healthier environment during their stay. All rooms and bathrooms offer fantastic views of the creek or city skyline, equipped with high speed internet access and 37 LCD tv. Directly joined to the 38,000sq ft Event Centre, Crowne Plaza Dubai Festival City is ideal for all business travelers. The hotel has three superb restaurants - Zaytoun ( Olive in Arabic) all-day dining, Mazar lobby lounge, and the authentic Belgian Beer CafÃ©, each with stunning city and creek views. The hotel is connected directly to the Festival Waterfront Centre, a luxury shopping centre with over 550 retail outlets, 90 restaurants and cafÃ©s, and 100 berth marina, perfect especially during the famous Dubai Shopping Festivals over summer and winter months. Dubai is known for many attractions, all within easy access of the hotel - the iconic Burj Al Arab, record breaking Burj Dubai, Ski Dubai, Wild Wadi Water Park, Mall of the Emirates or the beautiful Dubai beaches in Jumeirah or Mamzar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, IHG, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Travelocity, Otel, HotelTravel.com and Priceline so you can book your Crowne Plaza Dubai Festival City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.