This is a beautiful small hotel on the outskirts of Siem Reap near to Ankor Watt. The design makes liberal use of local wood, silks and antiques making it one of the most attractive places in which we stayed during our holiday; its added value are its staff who are superbly attentive. There is a small spa (excellent foot massage) and business centre and a plunge pool for cooling off in - too small to be callled a swimmming pool.
There are a couple of points which, if addressed, could make a good place even better. We had the room opposite the reception and it was ocassionally noisy in the early morning with dawn departures to the temple. (Conversely we were not bothered by noise from the adjacent restaurant to which other reveiws refer.) More serious, from my point of view, was the hardness of the bed which prevented me sleeeping well. Others have not commented on this so it may just be this room as my partner, who can normally sleep anywhere, also found the mattress too hard. A mattress topper would probably address this issue.
Drinks service was ocassionaly slow and some odd results ensued - a dry martini was served warm with red vermouth! If cocktailsare to be offerred then more attention needs to be given in this regard.
- Also Known As:
- Hanumanalaya Boutique Residence Hotel Siem Reap
- Hanumanalaya Boutique Residence Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Prepare for divine inspiration! The temples of Angkor, capital of Cambodia's ancient Khmer empire, are the perfect fusion of creative ambition and spiritual devotion. HanumanAlaya, Angkor's very own boutique residence, is just a short distance away from these magnificent temple monuments and is the perfect blend of traditional Khmer design and sophisticated international amenities. Many guests love our idyllic retreat. Our guest book is a eulogy to hospitality: a 'wonderful place', 'excellent service', a 'perfect retreat'. 'Paradise'. Lovingly finished in wood and elegantly decorated in local antiques and handicrafts, the HanumanAlaya is a home more than a hotel and guests find it the perfect place to unwind after an adventurous day exploring Angkor Wat and the many other temples. Surrounded by lush gardens, a swimming pool, tropical plants, and a soothing Spa, it is an idyllic retreat from the bustle of Siem Reap beyond, a stay to be savoured rather than rushed. Angkor is a magical experience, one that will stay with visitors forever. Make it more memorable at HanumanAlaya by immersing yourself in our rooms with a personal touch. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Travelocity, HostelWorld and Tingo so you can book your HanumanAlaya Boutique Residence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.