I would not recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Hainan island for the reasons that many of those who left their feedbacks on this website experienced. Those are:
1. Crappy rooms for a high price - the walls and ceilings are extremely thin and therefore you would hear everything that is taking place in the neighbouring rooms or upstairs. That especially concerns toilet flushing sounds and furniture movement. Forget about getting late sleep in the morning.
2. The rooms are pretty worn out which would make you feel very ripped off for the price you paid. Numerous scratches on the wall, broken toilet, broken shower door, leading to water puddles on the floor. The box is there so that someone can lean it over the door to keep it shut. And oh yeah, forgot to mention that the toilet wall into the room is TRANSPARENT. Enjoy the view!
3. No English speaking staff- actually only one person at the hotel spoke English and I give many thanks to her. Without her, the stay would me very complicated. Forget ordering a less spicy food or an ice in the drink, that's quite a quest.
4. Beach - hotel lets many wedding couples to come to the beach to take pictures. Wedding couples occupy the lodges on the beach, forcing the hotel guests to lie on the sand.
5. No WI-FI in the room. Beware those using IPAD or other wireless devices, you would only be able to use those in the lobby. For the room, u get a cable and get charged 80 yuan per day to use it (16 bucks). A total rip-off
In general, if you would like to live in a better condition you are welcome to rent a villa which is almost 200 bucks more expensive. However, at almost 350 bucks per night for a regular room, ex breakfast, this hotel is definitely not worth staying it. So sad, especially because the pics on the website were very promising and we had very high hopes on it.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC
25 January 2012
Report response as inappropriate
Thank you for taking the time to write to us regarding your recent stay at Pullman Yalong Bay Resort & Spa.
The experience you describe in your letter causes us deep concern. We would like to offer our sincere apologies for any frustration and anxiety that it may have caused you on during your stay.
Our aim and intent is to ensure all employees are totally customer-focused and all guest concerns and requests are handled quickly and efficiently.
We do appreciate you bringing this issue to our attention and therefore giving us an opportunity to improve. I hope you will give us another chance to welcome you, when you next visit to Sanya.
If we can ever be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to let us know.
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC