This hotel gets high marks for the grounds, staff, pool, etc. The grounds were so well laid out, you felt alone at the hotel the entire time. The pool areas had so many little nooks that you didn't need to be near anyone, and made for a very romantic/sexy vacation away from the hustle and bustle that can be China. The staff normally speaks very good English, but we were passed to about 4 people to order breakfast to our room one morning. We booked the Ocean View king room and could not have asked for a better view. We ate breakfast in the room because of the view! It is further away from the popular Yalong Bay and Sanya Bay, and as other guests noted the beach was very poor, but pools made up for it. The MO BBQ was 'ehhhh' at best, but Fresh was lovely. Drinks at the pool could have been a little stiffer, but they were serviceable. Overall, go for the grounds, secluded feel and pools.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Sanya Hotel Sanya
- Mandarin Oriental, Sanya Hotel
- Mandarin Oriental Sanya
- Mandarin Oriental Hotel Sanya
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our luxury beach resort and hotel is an exclusive private retreat on the southern tip of Hainan Island. Situated between the tropics, we enjoy a balmy climate all year round. Set beneath green hills, by a clear sea edged with coral reefs, Mandarin Oriental, Sanya combines natural pleasures with luxury relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Tablet Hotels, Otel, Mandarin Oriental, Ctrip DaoDao, Agoda and Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Sanya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.