We stayed here for 1 night as part of a tour. There were a few pros about this hotel but more cons.
-location is excellent. It is about a 10 minute walk to the Night Market.
-there is a bank across the street
-the room we stayed in was rather big with a separate sitting area
-there was a separate shower from the tub and toilet
-the hotel is showing its age; It needs a renovation BAD.
-the lobby is quite small
-although fairly large, the TV is old (not a flat screen)
-we could hear street noise from our 23rd floor room
-the breakfast buffet is nothing to write home about; very basic and did not appear to be fresh.
-we ate dinner in the restaurant because we came back to the hotel late after visiting the Night Market. The service was very poor (even with being the only group in the place) and the food was just ok. They were out of Cobb Salad so my wife had to order a burger (after 12 days of Chinese food, a burger sounded good). It was "average". We should have looked harder for a different dinner location.
-Buy plug adaptors before you come to China. Most camera chargers and iPhones accept 240v power, so converters are not required. We bought 3 adapters for $5 plus shipping. Best move we made for our trip.
There were a few more cons, but we think you get the picture. We would not recommend this hotel unless, of course, you are on a tour that uses this establishment. In our overall review of our tour, we suggested that the company find another location for their tours until renovations are completed (if they ever start). There are a number of more modern hotels in the general vicinity if you are booking on your own.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Jasmine Hotel
- Holiday Inn Jasmine Hotel Suzhou
- Holiday Inn Suzhou
- Suzhou Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Jasmine Suzhou is well-appointed as pre-five star standard, conveniently located in Shilu commercial, shopping & entertainment district. It is right next to the Suzhou traditional cultural street-- Shantang Street. Transportation is easy and convenient with Shanghai being only 1 hour away by bus, 3 kms to the Hi-Tech Industrial Development Zone, 6 kms to the Suzhou Singapore Industrial Park and 2 kms to the railway station. 287 well appointed and different style rooms, including 77 executive business rooms and executive suite, as well as executive lounge for executive guests.We offer wide range varieties of cuisine at any of our three outlets. Songhelou Suzhou Restaurant with a great reputation and over 200 years history serves mouth watering Suzhou dishes. Tulip Cafe, Moxiangyuan Tea bar, and Banquet Hall offer a wide selection of food and drinks whether you are looking for a casual snack or a full dinner. Ten meeting rooms equipped with the latest audio/visual facilities is suitable for various meeting groups, ranging from 10 persons in boardroom style to 250 persons in theatre style. We have a team of professional trained staff to meet your meeting, catering, theme parties and conference needs and will ensure the success of your event. Whether you are in Suzhou for business or pleasure, Holiday Inn Jasmine Suzhou is a relaxing oasis waiting to cater to your every need. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Ctrip DaoDao and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Jasmine reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.