My husband and I recently returned from our amazing holiday in Egypt. The destination was amazing, but the Resort topped it of. Moevenpick Resort & Spa El Gouna has to be one of the best resorts we have stayed at. The staff are friendly and always willing to help. The evening entertainment at the parvillion is always fun to watch after dinner and there are many attentive staff to serve drinks. When you are there make sure you look out for Adham who is part of the Animation team he is a laugh. The food is good, we very much enjoyed the Thai Restaurant which is by the Oasis pool its a must go. The staff are very attentive and anything you ask is done at their pleasure. its a service with a smile.
At the resort there are 4 pools, we chilled out at the Spa pool on all our days of being there, this is nearer to the Italian Resturant, we chose this pool as we were staying in the cluster 8 which had a lovely view of the lagoon. The pool bar staff are a laugh, again they too look after you, like anyone if you talk to them they will talk to you. We met a lovely guy called Kiriolos, he really looked after us as he also worked at the Gallery bar in the evenings. with him were two others Ahmed and Mohammed, they too were very lovely. Mohammed loves to laugh. In the Towel Center we met Mafous aka Mani who was amazing, again he looked after us, they all love to talk and will keep you entertained. smiley bunch.
Living in the cluster 8 it was a bit far from the reception and breakfast in the mornings but it was a lovely stroll in the mornings and after dinner. on many occasions we hitched rides with the staff members who drive around in golf carts.
when you book this holiday make sure you are all inclusive other wise it can be very expensive, and don't worry when you are of the resort and exploring El Gouna you do not get hounded by the locals there. Going Downtown for one day is a must.
Excursions such as snorkeling and quad biking again is a must. when we went snorkeling we saw dolphins which was amazing.
Also if you celebrating your birthday there like i was the hotel already are aware of this and you do not need to tell them and they will have a surprise ready for you on the day.
This is a lovely resort and cant stress how much we enjoyed ourselves. we would definitely go back.
Only downside was the cramped airline for 5 hours crap airline food which we had, and no in flight entertainment.
Be careful when dealing with the Egyptian Pounds there, they can be very dirty so make sure you take Anti-Bacterial hand gel and use after handling money, this will help avoid getting Stomach aches or tummy upsets. getting tummy upsets may take a day of your holiday, should this occur the staff at reception are always available to help.
- Also Known As:
- Moevenpick Resort And Spa El Gouna
- Moevenpick Resort & Spa El Gouna Hotel El Gouna
- Moevenpick Resort & Spa El Gouna Hotel
- mövenpick El Gouna
- Moevenpick Hotel El Gouna
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on a peninsula with an exclusive beachfront presenting a spectacular view of the Red Sea, the resort offers the ideal surroundings for a perfect stay. The relaxing atmosphere combined with extensive facilities invites you to enjoy your holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Moevenpick Resort & Spa El Gouna reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.