We have just returned from 10 days at the SRM booked through Thomas Cook.
We rarely do package holidays but this was a last minute break.
Thomas Cook let themselves down with their planes, very old with no leg room, not a good start to the holiday but soon forgotten until the flight home!
The SRM itself is looking a little tired now, but the housekeeping staff do a splendid job and I couldn't complain about the rooms or public spaces. They are doing some work around the hotel which got a little annoying as they seem very disorganised closing off parts of the poolside then hardly working whilst we were cramped round the other areas.
The hassle from people selling water sports trips, spa treatments etc got very tiresome, the entertainments people were also hard work. As a 40 year old, I am fully able to seek out any form of entertainment should I need it, rather than be constantly pestered about it!
We did have dodgy tummys but I am fairly certain that this was not due to food or hygiene of. The hotel staff. Many of us were witness to people using toilets without washing their hands (not staff I hasten to add) also spitting in the water etc, I am sure everyone is aware how easily germs spread around with this type of behaviour.
The food in the main restaurant was well presented not enough fruit for my liking but that was my only gripe. The other a la carte restaurants were rarely busy during our stay, but I must say the Bedouin was outstanding, followed closely by T-Bones and La Trattoria. Sadly as we left, T-Bones changed its menu from steak house to Schnitzel bar with only one steak on the menu, poor decision by the hotel management in light of the race reviews the restaurant has received.
The rooms were spacious with the added and rare advantage of all having mini fridges perfect for the constant water requirements of the heat. Sheets were changes regularly and bathrooms remained spotless.
I would recommend this hotel to friends, but wouldn't return until the works being carried out have been finished.
Thanks to Khalid in the pool bar for being an excellent waiter and the restaurant staff in all areas .the only people expecting or asking for tips were the bell boys, whilst they didn't get anything I felt it necessary to tip the others when we left.
Enjoy your stay!
- Also Known As:
- Sunrise Royal Makadi Hotel Makadi Bay
- Sunrise Royal Makadi Hotel
- Sunrise Royal Makadi
- Sunrise Makadi Bay
- Sunrise Makadi
- Sunrise Royal Makadi Bay
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sunrise Select Royal Makadi is located in the heart of Makadi bay. The hotel is built on relaxing landscape, with spectacular avers and fine sand beach for enjoyable vacation. Distance form Hurghada international Airport 30 minutes, from Hurghada downtown 35 minutes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz and Tingo so you can book your Sunrise Royal Makadi Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.