Just got back from our summer 2012 holiday - two middle weeks of July.
This was 8th visit to Egypt - and our 3rd time at this particular hotel. When we were looking where to stay this year, we looked at locations nearer to Hurghada, but decided we couldn't wait to go back to this hotel again.
And there were no disappointments. In fact, the hotel has made some more improvements and it's even better this year !!
The hotel now offers numerous restaurants - we visited many but not all of them during our stay - (please bear in mind though, that these restaurants all offer the "Egyptian" version of that style of food - we ate at the Italian ('La Trattoria') - on our first visit my daughter and I had pizza as a main course, and my hubby had veal with roasted vegetables, mashed potato and a fabulous gravy/sauce. We visited this Italian later during the holiday, with some friends we made during our stay - and all 6 of us asked for the veal dinner again - and although it was NOT on the menu that evening it was no trouble at all and they made no fuss when we requested it...needless to say all 6 of us enjoyed it tremendously.
We also visitied the Mexican restaurant ('El Paso') - with the chance for some photos with Mexican sombreros !, and although I've never had Mexican before the food was fantastic - not too spicy, and full of juicy flavours - highly recommend this.
One of the others worth mentioning is the Egyptian/Bedoiun restaurant ('El Arrabeya') - great skewered kebs of chicken or veal, with selection of couscous/ humous / barbecued peppers etc - did not expect this to be anywhere near as good as it turned out to be. This one is also an outside eatery - and though you imagine it to be stiflingly hot, it is built with walls around it which seem to keep it cooler than most of the rest of the hotel !
The pools are kept sparkling clean, but you do need to be careful stepping around the edges as these can be very slippery when wet.
The entertainment team also now provide a pool party and beach party each week - great fun - go and enjoy yourselves !!
This was the first time I got my hubby and 16-yr old daughter to join me at the spa for a body massage - well worth every penny.
You will not be sorry for choosing this hotel - and I'm quite sure you'll want to visit again and again, like we do.
- Also Known As:
- Sunrise Royal Makadi Hotel Makadi Bay
- Sunrise Royal Makadi Hotel
- Sunrise Royal Makadi
- Sunrise Makadi Bay
- Sunrise Makadi
- Sunrise Royal Makadi Bay
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sunrise Select Royal Makadi is located in the heart of Makadi bay. The hotel is built on relaxing landscape, with spectacular avers and fine sand beach for enjoyable vacation. Distance form Hurghada international Airport 30 minutes, from Hurghada downtown 35 minutes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz and Tingo so you can book your Sunrise Royal Makadi Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.