You will almost certainly have a good time at the Coral Sea Resort. There really is something for everyone.
It is also good value as a result of the First Choice Thompson group virtually having the run of the place and thus strong monopolistic negotiating rights no doubt
It isn't perfect so I will try to give a hint of the pluses and minuses.
On the positive side;
• Exceptionally friendly and helpful staff. Big thumbs up for 'our' waiter Yasser who was exceptional. Hope the hotel reads these!
• High standards of cleanliness
• Good maintenance - our air con broke down and they attended within 5 minutes and had it fixed within 30 minutes
• Good food, something for everyone whether you want burger and chips or something with an Egyptian flavour
• First Choice Thompson group reps and organisation could not be faulted. I've moaned about them before on here (see my review of Bavaro in the Dominican Republic!) and am delighted to be able to prove that I'm not a miserable old sod by giving this lot a big thumbs up
• Super resort for kids but take lots of sun block
• Airport transfer is short. The airport is probably the best I have been to - swift and efficient on both arrival and departure
• We did 2 trips. Sinai by starlight and speedboat diving both of which were remarkable good and fairly cheap
On the negative side;
• This is a big resort and the directions to your room on arrival are brief and unhelpful
• You really do have to get up at 5.30 if you want to get a sun bed in the pool area. You can get one on the adjacent beach with no problem but the beach will not be to everyone's taste
• Lengthy queues at the bar in the evenings
• The alcoholic drinks are not that good. I'm not a connoisseur and thus not fussy but even I could recognise that they were low quality. I appreciate we only paid for 'local' beverages but...
• The beach is OK but nothing more. The sand is very coarse and you have to walk out into the sea for about 10 minutes to even get your knees covered. But some may like this
• There is a jetty to get you to slightly deeper water (thigh depth!) but the steps down are in a poor state of repair and a potential hazard. This leaves you a ladder down which is difficult for older and less able clients. It is something which could easily be fixed and should be
• Don't do what we did and go in August. The heat is extreme and stifling (we are used to the Caribbean heat but this was something else!). Our fault that one though
So overall we had a good holiday. Would we go again probably not, there is a whole world out there waiting to be explored but if you do go I don't think that you will regret it
- Also Known As:
- Coral Sea Hotel
- Coral Sea Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When it's time to plan your next family vacation, choose the Coral Sea Waterworld beachfront all-inclusive resort and experience the newest water park in Nabq Bay, Sharm El Sheikh. Coral Sea Waterworld families are guaranteed to enjoy spending days on the body slides: twisting body slide, speed slides, tube and multi-lane slides. After the sun goes down, enjoy fine dining at the Indian restaurant, then laze around with friends over a drink at Finnley’s bar or perhaps feel the beats at the Hard Rock Café just around the corner. Make Coral Sea Waterworld your next Sharm El Sheikh getaway and experience utmost action! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Room 77 so you can book your Coral Sea Waterworld Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.