Ok - I chose this hotel because it came so highly rated on tripadvisor and to be honest it didn't disappoint. We couldn't decide between this hotel and the Hilton Sharms Waterfalls but decided to go with this one purely because it appeared to have better facilities for children (entertainment etc) and we were travelling with a two year old.
We have stayed in 5 star hotels in many different countries and this is a lovely hotel - but not 5 star luxury. Obviously Egyptian standards are lower than normal so don't go expecting amazing luxurious rooms and bathrooms.
The place itself is big. There are 4 different pools but as we had a 2 year old we stayed by the baby pool. All the pools looked nice and there is an impressive slide by the baby pool.
The servie at this hotel really can be rated 4*. It is amazing. We tipped the pool man and the bar staff 20 egyptian pounds (£2) each morning and all day they would just constantly bring us drinks without us even asking. The pool man would organise our sunbeds and towels for us every day. Such lovely people.
The food in the restaurant is lovely - a variety of food each day. I am an extremely fussy eater and although I did struggle on a couple of occasions there were always chips (and really nice ones!!).
Rooms were nice but the bathrooms did look a little tired and rusty. That didn't bother us though. Fresh towels changed every day.
As you come out of the hotel you can't walk anywhere - but we wanted to go to Soho square one night so we arranged a taxi through the hotel. It was £9 (English) to go there are back. When the hotel taxi dropped us off we just needed to ring them 10 mins before we wanted to be picked up - so easy!! Plus we were not hassles at all in Soho square - its a lovely place to visit too - very upmarket with lots of shops for bags and presents etc.
The beach is all steep steps to get down to it and the sand is very pebbly. The sunbeds on the beach are very basic and uncomfortable. You can also only go a little way into the sea as it is cordoned off for the coral.
There was a mini disco every night for the kids but we didn't stay for the entertainment after so can't comment.
All inclusive was great - nice beer and drinks and cocktails!!
One family we spoke to when we there had a Man Utd top stolen out of their room by the cleaner. They were going home the next morning so they had packed all their cases. They had left the clothes they were travelling home in on top of the case (including the little boys Man U top). One of the cleaners had gone in and taken it out of the case (obviously presuming they wouldn't notice until they went home!). The family were really upset and reported it to reception who said they would send somebody round to the cleaners house! However we saw the cleaner working a little later on. The family confronted him and he said it might have got mixed up in the dirty sheets and he would check the laundry. Eventually the Man U top reappeared - along with some of the family's other possessions (some sunglasses etc!). That was a sad end to the holiday as we all had such a lovely stay. Apart from that incident we would definitely return and when we spoke to people round the pool a lot of families had travelled to this hotel on more than one occasion which is always a good sign!
I think overall the standards in Egypt are not what we are normally used to and you have to go with an open mind. I think out of all the hotels this is a good choice - especially for families.
- Also Known As:
- Sultan Gardens Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Sultan Gardens Hotel
- Sultan Gardens
- Sultan Garden Resort
- Sultan Gardens Sharm El Sheikh
- Sultan Gardens Sharm
- Sultan Garden Resort Sharm El Sheikh
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enviably located just 5 km from the international airport, the Sultan Gardens Resort offers superb accommodation in the heart of one of the most popular resort destinations in Egypt. The resort boasts 220 meters of private sandy beaches, and is nestled between the seas and the beautiful mountain ranges of South Sinai. This resort has all the amenities you would expect of 5* resort including water-sports, live entertainment, fine dining, and easy access to local nightlife.The resort boasts 520 spacious rooms, suite and villas, newly refurbished and brimming with modern comfort. All rooms feature a private balcony or terrace with sea, pool or garden view. Smoking and non-smoking rooms are available.When it comes to recreation and entertainment The Sultan Gardens Resort offers a wide variety of choices. There are four large outdoor swimming pools, two of which are heated, as well as a professional diving center, a variety of water sports from windsurfing to jet skiing, basketball, volleyball and foot ball courts, kid's club with jungle gym, two tennis courts, a squash court, an eighteen hole mini golf course and a fully equipped health club and spa.There is also a hotel singer and a team of professional animators who entertain you throughout the day and put on nightly entertainment in our outdoor Roman style Amphitheatre.In Addition, the resort offers you same day laundry service and 24 hours room service. All rooms come equipped with digital safe boxes free of charge as well as high speed internet access ports, satellite television, individually controlled air condition, mini-fridge and direct dial telephone with long distance calling. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Otel, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Tingo so you can book your Sultan Gardens Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.