We have just come back from Sensatori in Sharm El-Sheikh, we went for my husband's 60th Birthday, my daughter, son-in-law and grandaughter aged 4yrs all came with us. We booked it on-line and decided to upgrade to the swim-up rooms, which was extra.
We arrived and first impressions are fantastic however, after 4-5 days some of the flaws started to show. The swim-up pools were gorgeous but all were empty because they were so cold, when we asked about the temp we were told the sun would warm it up, after constant sun it did for 3 days out of the 14days we were there they were usable!!
There is a fridge in the room which is empty, not even soft drinks. We were told we could have soft drinks but we would have to pay extra for them, we declined.
There is a kettle with tea, coffee & creamer supplied.....if you use them all you can have extra....which you have to pay for.
There are only certain drinks availble which are included in your AI package, anything else you have to pay extra. If you require a drink after midnight......you pay extra.
There is a fantastic room with pool/billiard tables........which costs approx £8 per hour!!!
There are two a la carte restaurants where you have to pay, we have been to AI before where these kind of restaurants there is a nominal charge of approx 7 Euros, in the Sensatori every course was chargeable, the only drinks which were free was lager, water and soft drinks. The cheapest bottle of wine was approx £28 which was extorionate. Afterwards we all decided that the food wasn't worth the cost.
The buffet restaurant didn't have a very good selection some night, the salad bar was extremely bad, no selection whatsoever. All 5 of our party suffered with upset stomachs after about a week, even now when we are home I am still experiencing griping pains.
The beach - the staff sieve the stones at the top of the beach but near the waters edge there is debris, paper, empty plastic bottles. The straw parasols all need attention, some mornings you would find straw all over beach and it would still be there next day.
On the plus side the staff were all very pleasant and efficient. I would also like to add that the Shows every night were very good and the entertainment staff were superb
I heard so much about Sensatori and that's why we booked this holiday, I can honestly say I would never go to another Sensatori again they have a lot to learn and I would suggest they pay a visit to The Rui Hotel chain and pick upsome tips. All in all a very expensive holiday which was certainly not worth it and certainly not 5*.
- Also Known As:
- Sensatori Sharm El-Sheikh By Coral Sea Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Sensatori Sharm El-Sheikh By Coral Sea Hotel
- Conrad Sharm El Sheikh
- Conrad Sharm
- Conrad Sharm El Sheikh Resort
- Conrad Sharm El-Sheikh
- Sharm El-Sheikh Conrad
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sensatori Sharm El-Sheikh Resort puts you just footsteps from the sand. It is set on a beach overlooking Ras Nosrani Bay across 37 scenic acres of landscaped gardens fronting a stretch of over 600 meters of pristine sandy beaches. Sensatori Sharm El-Sheikh Resort is located across Tiran Island and close to the world-famous Ras Mohammed National Park, both considered to be two of the best diving spots in the world. The resort is also conveniently situated near Sharm El Sheikh Airport, the city centre, marina and the various attractions in and around Sharm El Sheikh. BALANCE and CHOICE, running through the whole Sensatori experience. On the one hand there are action-packed activities; on the other, ultra-relaxing spa treatments. Likewise, gourmet cuisine sits alongside fast food. The secret to it all and the main focus lies in the attention to details. The hotel offers 470 guest rooms and suites categorized to 19 room/suite types, all dressed in modern stylish fixtures and furniture. All rooms are equipped with electronic key lock, 32” LCD television and 40” in suites, mini bar, safe box, iPod docking station, iron/ironing board, tea and coffee kettle and a luxury bathroom with a Jacuzzi bathtub and mood light. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Otel so you can book your Sensatori Sharm El-Sheikh by Coral Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.