We have been to Taba before so we were really looking forward this holiday. This time we wanted to try different hotel so we try Marriott. Marriott was great disappointment for us.. As we compare Marriott to Sofitel, where we stay last year, this hotel is definitely not 5 star! The rooms are fine, though not always clean. The food is not great. We like continental food, and have travelled a lot , but lots of this food is bland and lacking taste. Many times It happened , that the food from previous dinner was than served for next day lunch. There was no variety of it and honestly the worst food we have ever had in all inclusive resorts! Service at tables was non existent, getting a drink was a mission in itself. We found it was best to get a drink first, reserve a table, then go and get your food - this way the already lukewarm food didn't get any colder after you could easily spend 10 minutes trying to get a drink and locate a table. The stuff uniforms were filthy, clearly not washed once while we were there. I saw how some of the stuff „put their fingers in to their nose“ and than without cleaning their hand serve Your food, absolutely disgusting! Stuff just try to pretend they were cleaning the tables, but both the tables and chair were dirty!
Beach was not clean as well, everywhere were rocks, cups from drinks from previous days.... Many sun beds were broken. Honestly the only part that we enjoy was the surroundings oh the hotel, nice gardens, pools.
If You want a real 5 star, with excellent food, service, polite stuff, nice rooms choose Sofitel instead. It is much, much better.
We will definitely not be going back to this hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Taba Heights Marriott Beach Hotel
- Taba Heights Marriott Beach Hotel Taba
- Taba Heights Marriott
- Marriott Taba
- Marriott Taba Heights
- Taba Marriott
- Marriott Beach Resort Taba
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cradled by the mountains and the beautiful Red Sea coast, Taba Heights Marriott Red Sea Resort lies nestled in the heart of paradise. Lush gardens and waterfalls cascading down onto swimming pools are the background to this majestic resort. Enjoy a variety of cuisines and distinctly unique restaurants. Experience the diversity from romantic candle lit dining at the Italian Tuscany to the enchanting atmosphere of the Grotto and the Mexican taste at El Fuego Café & Mexican Bar.Room types range from Standard Garden View to Beach front two-story Deluxe Suites, to the Presidential Suite with its own whirlpool on the huge balcony.Free WiFi Internet access available in all public areas of the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Marriott, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets and Tingo so you can book your Taba Heights Marriott Red Sea Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.