I was on business trip to this place and stayed with resort.
1.Th reception was not having Air Conditioning and in just few minutes I was perspiring like anything.
2. As soon as I checked-in the room, a number of mosquitos greeted me. I told to reception that such conditions are unacceptable. After long struggle to convince them, a boy with fly squatter (racket ) sent to my room who started killing the mosquitos. But they didn't change my room, despite low occupancy.
3. There was no packaged water in the room as complementary, despite same being mentioned in the room brochure. So I asked for a bottle of water soon as I entered the room. No one came for an hour. I called again, still no body turned up after 1.5 hours. Finally I strongly took this up and they sent me 2 bottles filled with filtered water. I told them that I was looking for packaged water and ready to pay for that, but still.
4.Enter the wash room and bath towel and hand towels were found very old and pale.
5. Flustered , I decided to go for swimming. I entered the pool and started swimming. There was no sign indicating depth of pool. I progressed further and started feeling pain and breathlessness. I cried for help by raising hands and calling. The guy who was supervising the pool just kept looking at me as a spectator without understanding that I'm in trouble and unable to swim . I was drowning and still the guy was just looking at me. It was then a gentle men ( another guest in hotel) who was playing table tennis nearby, spot the problem and came to my help. He took a rod to me which I clasped and came in safe zone.
6. There was no duty manager available to listen to you.
7. The washroom was having old and rusted fittings (see pictures) and commode was old and not giving clean feel. Cobwebs were there as the washroom didn't seem to be cleaned in corners.
8. There was one cabinet in the room that had live electric connections in bare form.
9. In the morning buffet break-fast time, no body was there to see as what you need or to help you/ greet you. Tables were lying uncleaned with previous people plates.
9. The above all experiences were not enough when I found next morning that Wheel Caps from my hired car are stolen despite being parked near reception in resort premises. Hotel guys reviewed the CC TV Footages and agreed that wheel caps were there when we came but who stole them, nobody knew. They even refused to compensate and just gave a meagre 500 bucks to my driver.
I really had a worst experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ras Resorts is Silvassa's only 5 star hotel. Located on ten sprawling acres of lush woodlands on the banks of the beautiful Daman Ganga river, Ras Resorts is strategically located close to the hub of Silvassa, yet is a haven from the hustle and bustle of the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity and Otel so you can book your Ras Resorts Silvassa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.