I booked a 3 night 4 day holiday at Victory Resort. I stayed in the resort for just 3 hours and shifted to another resort. So my review is based on my 3 hour stay in the resort and mostly full of bad experiences which forced me to shift.
- The room we were allocated was untidy (dirty pillow covers, stained wooden floors, ghastly curtains, spider webbed decorated toilets).
- We arrived after a 14 hour bus journey and there was no hot water for a shower. The room service could not get the hot water started in the room we were allocated and in other alternative rooms we were showed. They kept trying for 3 hours and gave up.
- The room was damp but they would provide heaters on rent (Rs 400 a day). We were not informed of this hidden cost at the time of booking the room.
- We hoped to have breakfast. The options were chole & puri, paratha & dahi, egg omelette & bread toast which was to be served in the restaurant. The room service said in Hindi (dahi tho jamaya nahi, chole tho bhigaya nahi, restaurant to sajaya nahi).
- Overall the resort (not sure they know what resort means) is located in an area far from the main city. There are plenty of resorts in the vicinity which means there is nothing in walking distance from the resort worth going to.
- There is some construction going on in the resort, so another reason to avoid opting for Victory.
- Also, beware of drivers who show you around Manali. These drivers are not employed by the resort but work for HPTDC. This means the driver you are allocated can be useless and you cannot do anything about it. In our case, the driver we were allocated was hopeless.
- Mr Prem a member of staff at reception was very helpful. He tried his best to ensure us that our experience would improve, but it was too little too late.