My wife and I stayed in Villa 6 for 5 nights in the second week of June 2012. We have nothing but praise for everything about Chapung SeBali. The staff are incredibly attentive, they greet you by name at all times and the gardens are just what we were looking for as they are beautifully kept but still have a rural feel about them, including an endless array / species of water lilies, dragonflys (Chapung means dragonfly), frogs and birds.
We fell in love with our villa from the moment we stepped through the entrance. We chose villa 6 based on comments from other Trip Advisor reviews. Villa 6 like all Chapung villas is overly spacious, clean and has very comfortable indoor and outdoor furnishings - perfect for relaxing. Its swimming pool is exceptional, approx 10 x 3.5 metres, almost 2 metres deep and is fed with natural spring water. The real bonus about villa 6 is the views as it sits atop of the terraces upon which Chapung is built. The rice fields literally abut the rear and one side of villa 6 and the view over the hills and trees from the bedroom, outdoor lounge and the pool are exceptional (see photos). Of course you can step straight from the bedroom and bathroom into the pool.
You can casually walk into Ubud from Chapung (approx 45 - 50 minutes). It is a relatively easy walk and well worth doing. The resort also run a free return shuttle service into Ubud at prescribed times during the day and night. Travelling outside the set times will cost approx $5.
Close by to the resort are some small local (village) shops selling beer, soft drinks, cigarettes, snacks etc. They are about a 5 minute walk (turn right on the road after exiting Chapung SeBali).
Would we stay at Chapung again - absolutely. Apart from the quality of the villas and the attentive and first rate staff, the peace and quite at Chapung means you can relax and refresh in heavenly surroundings. There are only 8 villas at Chapung and all are private.
Finally, my wife had a massage and facial from Sri at Chapung and is still talking about how wonderful it was. One more thing, we had a candlelit dinner in our room and loved it.
- Also Known As:
- Chapung Sebali Hotel
- Chapung Sebali Hotel Ubud
- Chapung SeBali Resort And Spa Ubud, Bali
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- I would like to introduce the newest villa resort in Ubud, Chapung se Bali is not your usual Balinese –style villa retreat. Rather it calls on contemporary lines and interiors to produce a modern lush resort that is inspiring and international. With an impressive collection of retro classic furniture and the villas it self feel modern and sleek, while still making the best use of the land on which they sit. The property covers almost two hectares of untouched landscape that extends down to the banks of the river Wos. Accessed by a meandering path of stone steps, the river is a continuous flow of mountain fresh water with extraordinary properties to nurture body, mind and spirit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Splendia, AsiaRooms, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Chapung SeBali Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.