We spent two nights before our sailing trip around the archipelago at La Roussette and one night after. For our purpose, we couldn't have chosen better.
Rooms are in bungalows around two small courtyards filled with beautiful tropical greenery, with flowers blossoming, birds singing, Mary the Cat overseeing her territory, and occasionally the neighbour's dog visiting. One courtyard features a miniature swimming pool - just to cool down; for long-distance swimming, take a one-minute walk to the ocean, there is a beautiful beach shaded by coconut palms across the road. The rooms are spacious and cheerful. The decor of the rooms and of other spaces is blissfully simple and very tasteful. The whole place was immaculately clean when we stayed there. Food was very good (we visited off-season, so only had a set menu, but we were very satisfied.) There are a few small shops with all necessities within a short walking distance. Buses to Victoria stop nearby; the airport is a few minutes away by taxi.
The best thing about the place are the people - cheerful, friendly and helpful staff who made our visit a real pleasure.
Not Recommended For: conceited snobs.
Highly Recommendeed For: anyone looking for a friendly and pleasant place to stay.
- Also Known As:
- La Roussette Hotel
- La Roussette Hotel Mahe Island
- La Roussette Mahe Island
- La Roussette Seychelles/Mahe Island
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel La Roussette is situated on the East Coast of the main Island of Mahe. It consists of 10 fully air-conditioned rooms, each with a private bathroom and a veranda that opens onto a landscaped tropical garden. Our facilities consist of a swimming pool, a restaurant,a bar and lounge with big screen TV viewing and a snooker table for our clients entertainment. La Roussette also offers free WiFi internet, free parking and free pool towels to its Guests. There is easy access by foot to to the nearby Au Cap Beach and we are also close to the main bus route. Being only only 5 km from the Seychelles International and domestic Airport, La Roussette is well place for the transit traveller. Other nearby places of interest are The Reef Golf Course, Craft Village, Trois Frère Distilleries and the Casino Europa. Kite surfing and fly fishing possibilities also exist in the area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, Tingo, Otel and HotelsClick so you can book your La Roussette reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.