We originally booked 2 nights at Baan Phil Guesthouse with the idea that we would look for something else in Phuket once we arrived. However, after the great service we received and location of the hotel, we stayed the entire 8 days with them.
The two Phillippe's are a wealth of local information and are great hosts. They gave us valuable advice and ideas for things to do around Phuket. They also helped us to arrange trips, rent a motorbike and many suggestions for entertainment.
The hotel's staff are also fantastic. Always friendly and attentive. We felt welcomed every time we walked in and out.
The hotel itself is nicely located. It is only 5 minutes walk to Patong Beach and has several places right around it to eat, drink, change money, get a Thai massage, and shop. There is a bit of construction going on nearby, but we found this to be true of most of Patong. Expect that no place in Patong is super quiet. The location, however, is in a more quiet area as compared to the Bangla Rd and Beach Rd areas. The room was spacious and had good AC, a fridge, and plenty of English TV stations. Our room was cleaned very well each day and we received clean towels and linens. The shower had great pressure and was plenty hot. The bed was a bit firm..only real complaint.
This hotel is a guesthouse and not a luxury spot to stay. If you're planning to sit around your room all day, you should pay 3-4 times the price and get a resort. However, if you want a clean and comfortable place to stay that makes you feel instantly at home, Baan Phil is ideal. We rented a motorbike next door ($7/day!!) and explored the island. With the great advice from Phillipe(s), we never had a dull day! Thank you so much to both Phils and the crew for making our time in Patong so special. We will be back!
- Also Known As:
- Baan Phil Guesthouse Hotel Patong
- Baan Phil Guesthouse Hotel
- Baan Phil Guesthouse Phuket/Patong
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- French owned and operated boutique guesthouse located in the heart of Patong, 4 minutes walking distance to the beach. Friendly and efficient Thai staff.Bar restaurant and French creperie. 20 clean rooms with A/C, private bathroom, free wifi,satellite TV, minibar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Tingo so you can book your Baan Phil Guesthouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.