I have just come back from a 10 night stay at the Merlin Beach Resort and it was lovely. On arrival we were given a cocktail and a cold towel which was lovely in the heat! The room was really spacious and clean, and we had a really nice view of one of the pools from our balcony. The beach was lovely and quiet, and there were plenty of sun beds round the pools. I liked how they had a childrens pool with some slides so it meant that both me and my partner could relax without having children making lots of noise. The restaurants were slightly expensive but then all hotels food is, but using the discount card really makes a difference. Strangely though dinner in the Thai restaurant was the worst meal that we had there. Breakfast was the only issue we had with this hotel as we didn't really like any of it, but plenty of people seemed to so it may have just been us being a bit fussy!
Patong itself is very loud at night but brilliant if you want a good night out or just a few drinks. You do have many people asking if you want to see shows as you walk down Bangla road but once again we expected this. We made full use of the shuttle bus that runs to patong, they leave at 10am, 11am, 3pm, 4.45pm and 9.30pm.
Overall, the hotel is a really nice place to stay if you want to be close to lots of things to do but far enough away to feel like you are completely away from everything. The service is brilliant and everyone is really friendly.
- Also Known As:
- Merlin Beach Hotel Patong
- Merlin Beach Resort Phuket
- Merlin Beach
- Hotel Merlin Beach
- Beach Merlin Resort
- Beach Merlin Phuket Resort
- Merlin Beach Phuket
- Merlin Beach Hotel
- Merlin Beach Resort Phuket/Patong
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Merlin Beach Resort is a deluxe and luxurious hotel, situated on its own secluded Tri-Trang Beach (3 km. from Patong Beach). Low-rise buildings sitting along the private beach amongst 12 acres of swaying coconut palms and tropical garden. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Olotels, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Merlin Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.