My boyfriend and I stayed at Baan Laimai for 7 nights in March 2012. We arrived at the reception (It looked just like the pictures on their website) area in the late afternoon about 3pm with the expectation our room would be ready since check-in is supposed to be from 2pm, but that wasn't the case we were told the room still had to be cleaned and it would hopefully be ready in another 2 hours or so.... so off we went for a bite to eat on the main strip, 2 hours later we returned to reception to be told we would need to wait another 15 minutes. Anyway we were taken to our room (Deluxe room), room was basic and clean we were happy (in the building above reception and the restaurant area). Night after night (for 4 nights) we got no sleep thanks to the Outrageously LOUD band playing downstairs- it felt like you were backstage at a concert it was truly that loud! After the 3rd night at about 11.30pm in frustration i went down to the reception desk to ask if it was possible to be moved to a room at the back of the resort - AWAY from the loud music. The guy on reception told me that he couldn't help me tonight but to come back to the reception area tomorrow afternoon and to confirm a new room and we would then be moved. So the next afternoon we walked up to reception again explaining our situation to another staff member, who then said they could not move us as there were no rooms available for the same room type we had paid for. I then explained it's impossible to sleep and I wanted to speak with the manager immediately! The manager wasn't available until the next morning (apparently), 8am the next finally came, and without hesitation finally gave us a new room. The rooms in the back building are new and finished off a lot nicer than the front buildings rooms (Deluxe room with Pool view), I would have expected this room for the rate we paid, to pay the standard rate for this room, not worth it, would definately stay somewhere else! The room comfortable and we could finally get a good nights sleep for our last 3 nights....
Food was average from the restaurant near the bar. Buffet breakfast had an extensive variety but poor for taste.
Came across a mixed variety of friendly and rude staff, guess it just depends who's there on your stay!
There is no day spa or fitness centre.
Overall a fab location and pool but that's all. Would try somewhere else on our next Phuket holiday.
- Also Known As:
- Baan Laimai Beach Hotel Patong
- Baan Laimai Beach Hotel
- Baan Laimai Beach Patong
- Baan Laimai Beach Resort Phuket/Patong
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Baan Laimai Beach Resort is located on the beach road of the most well-known “Patong” beach, right in the midst of entertainment, and shopping area, with just crossing the road to the beach. Featuring in-house restaurants with Thai, Western cuisines and tasteful seafood from Andaman sea. Offering the lagoon-size swimming pool where you can take a break at the cozy pool bar. The fitness facilities will give you relaxation and relief from your everyday stresses. Experiencing beauty & recreation on Patong Beach or alternatively strolling for lively entertaining & shopping. You may have it all with us in making your perfect stay at Baan Laimai Beach Resort ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Priceline, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Baan Laimai Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.