We were a group of 14 friends who stayed at the Cove Rotana from the 15th to the 16th of June, 2012. Every single one of us were extremely disappointed with the service we received at the hotel, on both days. We had previously heard great things about the hotel's facilities and some of us were even excited to bring our kids back for another visit. However by the end of our stay, we all agreed unanimously that we will definitely not be coming back to this hotel again.
For me personally, I was the one who chose this hotel and booked all 7 rooms plus dinner at the Basilico restaurant for our group. I was in contact with room reservations and the restaurant on several occasions leading up to our stay to ensure that everything would be taken care of smoothly when we arrived, but unfortunately that was not the case at all. These were some of the issues we faced:
• Our check in took approximately 2 hours, and 3 of our room keys were not handed over to us until after 6pm.
• Our lunch at the pool (salads and light snacks) took a very long time to be served and a few people’s orders were even mixed up by the waiters.
• Some of the worst service we encountered was during dinner at the Basilico restaurant. Despite the fact that I booked our table almost a week in advance for a birthday dinner and reminded the restaurant that morning of our booking, we had only one waiter serving our table of 16. Our food was served at different times with some finishing their meals before others even received theirs. Beef tenderloin was served before salads, and one of our friends actually received her main meal before her appetizer. Even though we complained a few times, at no point did the manager come to our table to apologise and acknowledge our disappointment.
• The buggy service was extremely inefficient on both days, with most of us waiting between 30 to 40 minutes on average for our buggies to collect us from our rooms despite calling at least 15 minutes in advance.
• Finally the incompetent way in which our friend's valet service was handled, as she waited almost 45 minutes for her car only to be told that they had misplaced her car keys!!! She had to take matters into her own hands and search for the keys herself at the valet stand until she found it.
Needless to say, all of the above left us feeling very upset and frustrated instead of relaxed and rejuvenated as a hotel weekend getaway should do.
After our awful experience, a few of us have written to Rotana’s management and filed an official complaint with the hotel itself. We sincerely hope that action will be taken to significantly improve the hotel's service to the quality that we have become accustomed to from Rotana.
- Also Known As:
- Cove Rotana Resort Ras Al Khaimah Hotel
- Cove Rotana Resort Ras Al Khaimah Hotel Ras Al Khaimah
- Cove Rotana Ras Al Khaimah
- Cove Rotana Resort Ras Al Khaimah
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cove Rotana Resort is located on an idyllic water inlet on the Ras Al Khaimah beachfront, offering spectacular views over the Arabian Gulf. Just 8 km from the city centre, 20 km from the Ras Al Khaimah Airport and an 87 km drive from Dubai, The Cove Rotana Resort is an ideal destination for leisure travellers and weekend breakers. 204 rooms and 78 one, two and three bedroom Villas, 3 fully-equipped and flexible meeting rooms with the latest audio-visual equipment, 6 attractive choices of restaurants, bars and lounges, the fully equipped Bodylines leisure and fitness club, 600 metres of pristine beach, 2 swimming pools and 7 exquisitely designed massage treatment rooms are among the many facilities offered at The Cove Rotana Resort – Ras Al Khaimah. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Travelocity, Priceline, Olotels, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Cove Rotana Resort Ras Al Khaimah reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.