The location although not in the touristy part of the city; is just 15 mins walk away from it. There are 2 popular cafes just beside the hotel and a large foodcourt but the food is poor here; better go to the city center.
I have stayed both in the single room as well as the double/twin rooms.
The single room is very small and without any window, so you must pay for the air-con fess; otherwise I find the room too stuffy.
I don't like all the bathroom/toilet doors. It's just a swing door without lock but the worst part is the transparent part at the lower half where anyone else on bed can see through to the toilet; so not so convenient for privacy.
Worth staying only if you can get the room rates on promo, otherwise not cheap.
- Also Known As:
- Tune Hotels. Com Downtown Penang Hotel
- Tune Hotels. Com Downtown Penang Hotel Georgetown
- Tune Hotel Georgetown
- Tune Hotels Downtown Penang Georgetown
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Get 5-star beds at 1-star prices with Tune Hotels branded limited-service hotels. The Downtown Penang hotel features 258 private rooms with en-suite bathrooms, centrally located in the heart of Georgetown, Penang. Food and attractions of Penang within easy reach. We believe in letting our guests know exactly what you pay for, and offer the capability to design your stay via pay-as-you-use add-ons. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Tune Hotels Downtown Penang reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.