After having treked the Sandakan Death March route and climbing Mt Kinabalu it was a pleasure being pampered in such a fabulous resort. On arriving the staff gave us a drink and wash towel to freshen us up while they checked us in. The rooms were great looking out over their gardens and also very quite. A view out to the sea would have been better but did not worry us at the time. The bars were fantastic especially the one on the point with cocktails, great chillout/ beach music and unbeleivable sunsets. The food (especially the seafood) was fantastic (including breakfast, brilliant, many choices) and the resort waiters from the various bars were very accomodating. For us we did need to venture far from the resort as you could also get a massage etc. Also the resort always had activities going like waterslide competitions or staff playing Sabah intruments just quitly in the background. The floral arrangements around the complex were also fantastic nad always being updated.
Again a great place and will be returning there
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La`s Tanjung Aru Hotel Kota Kinabalu
- Shangri-La`s Tanjung Aru Resort And Spa
- Shangri-La`s Tanjung Aru Hotel
- Shangri Las Tanjung Aru Resort
- Shangri Las Tanjung Aru Hotel
- Tanjung Aru
- Shangri La Tanjung Aru
- Shangri La Kota Kinabalu
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just ten minutes from Kota Kinabalu International Airport the resort is set in 25 acres of award-winning gardens along the sweeping bay with a private beach overlooking the islands of Tunku Abdul Rahman National Park. The contemporary rooms provide modern luxury and are situated in two separate wings overlooking the mountain or stunning South China Sea. The resort offers a wealth of recreational facilities such as a beach, four tennis courts, a nine-hole pitch and putt golf course, Leisure Centre, fully equipped Health Club and Borneo’s largest kids club. Other facilities include a brand new 2,000 sq. meter pool with tapered shoreline and infinity section for adults, Sunset Bar, Coco-Joe’s Bar & Grill, Health Club and Cool Box Ice Cream Bar.In February, 2013 the resort unveiled a brand new STAR Marina. At the STAR Marina, one can choose to go sailing, windsurfing, water-skiing or take a day trip to the island for swimming, snorkeling or scuba diving. Additionally, the marina also offers private charter services, fishing and diving courses and equipment for rent. With seven restaurants and bars, the resort offers a multitude of dining experiences and culinary creations ranging from Asian to international favorites and is also home to the award winning CHI, The Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, AsiaRooms, Otel, HotelTravel.com, Orbitz, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Shangri-La's Tanjung Aru Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.