The resort is tucked away in the tropical rainforest near Malaysian and Indonesian Border on Borneo Island. one can take a cab from Kuching City or a Shuttle Van from Kuching Hilton costing about RM75 per person. Taxi mat cost up to RM200. It takes about 4 hours to reach the Batang Ai Hydro Lake. Hotel will provide a 20minute boat ride to the Resort which is located on the other side of the lake..
The lake is nice and the water is calm. I was impressed by the staff who lined up with welcome drinks for us. A good first impression. The rooms are designed in the form of Dayak Tribe Long Houses. Suite rooms are in rooms with the living room on the ground floor and bed room on the first floor. Normal rooms are single storey.
There is a small swimming pool between the main lobby block and the rooms. Restaurant, pool table and souvenir shops are in the same block as the hotel lobby. There are ample lay back chairs along the varendah for relaxing with magnificent view of the lake and landscape. Sunset could be very beautiful for photographing.
Although tucked away from urban live, one would not feel bored as there are ample activities to choose from with a cost of course. You can choose jungle tracking, suspension bridge, boat ride to long houses, waterfall, fishing, table tennis, board games and even a small library of fiction books.
Food are delicious with a karaoke room for drinks and entertainment.
2 nights is just nice for a relaxing holiday.
Only setback is the lack of wifi and Internet connectivity.
- Also Known As:
- Batang Ai Longhouse Resort, Managed By Hilton Hotel
- Batang Ai Longhouse Resort, Managed By Hilton Hotel Kuching
- Hilton International Kuching
- Hilton Kuching
- Kuching Hilton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on the edge of the world's most ancient rainforest on the island of Borneo, the Batang Ai Longhouse Resort, Managed by Hilton is a self-contained haven on the 20 hectares shore of the Batang Ai Lake peninsula.275 km from Kuching city, the resort is surrounded by tropical rainforest just waiting to be explored.It takes a 4-hour drive and a 20-minute boat ride to get to the resort. A daily shuttle service is available from Hilton Kuching. A fee is applicable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton EMEA, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and Tingo so you can book your Batang Ai Longhouse Resort, Managed by Hilton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.