Before we chose Mirihi, we have done a lot of research work to find the best one with following requirements from 87 Maldives resorts. 1) Romantic. 2) Distinctive house reef. 3) Medium budget. And finally Mirihi win out.
We were lead to the personal waiting lounge when arrived Male. As previous reviews said, after reach the lounge, you can feel that this would be relaxing and unique journey.
After landing on the Mirihi jetty, we were told to leave luggage there and shoes also left at the reception. After the brief introduction around the island by Mohammed, we arrived at our water villa no. 16 and surprised to find that all the luggage and shoes are already in our room. And more surprising is: our room is well decorated with flowers and there are also wine/chocolate/fruit for honeymoon gifts. We actually did not request for that ahead but only fill our personal information including marriage date just half an hour ago when waiting at the lounge!
The staff are truly warm and nice, everyone always smile and said hi to us whenever, wherever we met. The staff in the restaurant are also very helpful, they always greeting with us and try to talk with us about how is out stay but not too instuctive. And they did remember every one of us. The food are also unique and there are many choices. Honestly speaking, the taste is not very suitable for Asian/Chinese, but it is already much better than what we expected. And more important is they are totally free of extra expense, we booked BB and free-upgraded to HB and always feel full for all day even for HB.
The house reef is truly distinctive and can reach very easily from every villa. We have saw many fishes and there is even baby shark and baby mantas swimming around water villa no. 16-20! For snorkeling, semicircle villa (no. 21-36) and No. 15 and 16 of linear villa have better reef than other rooms. We have snorkeling around island, and the house reef around the service jetty is the best!
Our departure flight is late night at 11 pm and check out time is 12 noon. We are some kind of worried about how to spend the 12 hour after checking out. However, the day before we leave, we received the message that we can stay at our villa until 5 pm for the last seaplane. On the day we leave, the staff helped us to take the luggage and shoes and also helped to arrange hotel for bathing/rest at Male if we like. They do care us like a family member!
If what you are looking for is similar to ours, Mirihi will never let you regret! And if you can understand Chinese, from following link you can find how we choose Mirihi http://bbs.qyer.com/viewthread.php?tid=568228
- Also Known As:
- Mirihi Island Hotel South Ari Atoll
- Mirihi Island Hotel
- Hotel Mirihi Island
- Mirihi Island Resort Maldives/South Ari Atoll
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mirihi Island Resort is located on a secluded tropical island in the South Ari Atoll, approximately 85 kilometres south of the capital Male'. A picturesque and breathtaking 30 minute seaplane ride from Male will bring you here. This emerald gem is just 350 meters long and 50 meters wide with a sparkling palm-fringed beach of fine white sand. Walk barefoot if you choose, this is as close to nature as you can get Blessed with white talc beaches, turquoise blue waters and one of the most amazing house-reefs, it is truly a vision of paradise on earth. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Tingo so you can book your Mirihi Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.