If you had asked me how I would describe paradise, before I had been to Rihiveli, my description would have come very close to what we found when we went to the Rihiveli beach resort.
The location is simply stunning, with three small islands surrounded by fine white sand and clear warm water, I found it hard to drag myself out of the lagoon. There were so many activities and, even though we were in the minority (the majority of guests are French), we really enjoyed getting involved in the sports and evening events. I learnt to waterski and won a Petanque tournament! The diving we experienced whilst there I will remember as some of my favourites - lots of sharks and manta rays. Not cheap but it was worth it.
The ethos of the place: no shoes,no news, is right up my street. You have everything you need but all the distractions you go on holiday to get away from are removed. Rihiveli is not pretentious or chi chi. It is simple, beautiful and relaxed. If that sounds good to you and you don't need fancy bars, shops and a TV, then I absolutely recommend that you go. My husband and I will certainly go back, though I may brush up on my French first!
- Also Known As:
- Rihiveli Beach Hotel South Male Atoll
- Rihiveli Beach Hotel
- Rihiveli Beach Resort Maldives/South Male Atoll
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rihiveli Maldives, a piece of heaven on earth to enjoy barefoot comfort, panoramic view of expansive sky, shimmering allure of warm cerulean water, and glorious hues, this is where you can revel in a Robinson Crusoe environment, and bask in the tranquility borne of simplicity. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda and Fastbooking so you can book your Rihiveli Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.