Well I've been there a few times and every time I go, I walk in the entrance and go WOW what a fantastic entrance and really get excited. We were guests tonight as we were staying in another hotel down the beach were intrigued to see how the rooms had improved since we were last there. But the rooms now seem just a bit fuddy duddy and out of date and a bit shabby and now dare I say "smell" of damp. I have had this before, and when a hotel is on its last legs before a refurb it's always like this and no matter what you do, you can't get away from that musty smell. Tonight it rained which is not an unusual Occurrence this time of the year and we just sat there and got wet, it was pathetic. There was no contingency at all. The food was average the wine very expensive and service tonight at least really poor.
It is still beautiful, please don't get me wrong the golf course small but fun for a 9 hole but it's just not great value. I have stayed in much more expensive hotels and thought WOW this is special and worth the extra money, but here I just thought "oh what a real shame, and thank goodness we are not staying there this a bit average". Such a shame, because the location is the best. 0
- Also Known As:
- One&Only Le Saint Geran Hotel
- One&Only Le Saint Geran Hotel Belle Mare
- One And Only Le Saint Geran
- One Only Le Saint Geran
- Le Saint Geran
- One&Only Le Saint Geran Mauritius/Belle Mare
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One&Only Le Saint Geran nestles peacefully in its own private peninsula on the coast of Mauritius, fringed by over a mile of white sand beaches. Terraced and balconied rooms all face out privately to the Indian Ocean. Under the calm sway of countless coconut palms, 60 acres of grounds take in tropical gardens, poolside and ocean dining.Enjoy our complimentary green fees for the Gary Player 9 Holes Golf Course or re-energise with complimentary water sports and water skiing.Children from 3 to 11 years old are more than welcome in our KidsOnly Club, with amazing daily activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Splendia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your One&Only Le Saint Geran reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.