“Long check-in time , costly alacarte menu otherwise a gud hotel fr honeymoon.My Travel tips”
We organized an anniversary trip in the last week of March 2012 to this resort in Mauritius.Ours vacations was arranged from Bangalore by a connecting flight via Colombo.The honeymoon package was booked from www.AntilogVacations.com after coming to know that they are the best and cheapest for Mauritius tours.
The location of the resort its very much inside city and close to the happening places such as Port Louis and Grand Bay which is really interesting as u wud find very few hotels in around here. the instance we entered the resort the view of the ocean from the lobby appaeared pretty beautiful and is definitely worth a snap or two. we booked nirvana rooms as from the research we had done fore most to get the best, the wait to check in is really a disappointment it almost took us a hour after all the journey & it was really irritating.
Rooms are spacious and well furnished and decently maintained, but by looking at the building and interior designing of the rooms one can definitely say that they are in a serious stage for renovation they are out dated especially the bath rooms, thanks for the wifi connection which kept us well connected to the out side world, and the view from our rooms is really scenic beauty as we are facing the beach bay and are experiencing great relief from the summer climate even though its only April.
One more thing which got our attention is a separate pool for nirvana room holders which is pretty impressive. We opted for all inclusive packages, food id really good and we rate Le Faya and Shells as the best restaurants, the buffet is monotonous and we often came across food repetitions, thanks god but they are tasty, one thing we observed from the menu is the food prices are really hectic they are very expensive its good that we opted for all inclusive, its so frustrating that the price of water bottles is 150 MR if you purchase a 1L bottle from them. You can get six 1.5L bottles of the same manufacturer for 90 MR from the Jumbo Hyper market nearby. Water served in the restaurants is charged except during the breakfast buffet.
1) Avoid water and other stationery food arrangements from resort as they are available at very decent prices from local stores, I would definitely advice to travel through local bus service to explore the place as it’s really comfortable.
2) One good suggestion to all kindly wear good foot ware while planning to have a long walk on the sea side as Lots of shells and pebbles make it tough for the feet.
3) The beaches on the East Coast are clean and powdery in contrast, water sport activities and boat rides are refreshing.Ask your travel oprator to arrange north and south tours as well.
4) Try to include meals in your package as meals can be costly from the restaurants.
5) Choose a good travel operator & customize your needs and planning.Very big travel operators don’t care for services & they often arrange group excursions which is not advisable.We found Antilog Vacations services very personal and low cost.
6) Finally , book early so that you can avail a cheaper flight option
Nirvana rooms are very good rooms to stay in
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC
10 May 2012
Dear Neyha 9,
Report response as inappropriate
Thank You for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. It was nice to hear that you like the Nirvana rooms.
I reviewed your comments regarding your stay with us at Le Meridien Ile Maurice. We do take all comments seriously and appreciate all the feedback we can get. As a management team, we share these comments with our staff so we may resolve any and all issues. Once again, thank you for your observations, which will help us in our ongoing efforts to improve our service. If you would like to discuss your experience with a member of the hotel team, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org so we may address it with you directly.
Le Meridien Ile Maurice
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC