Our overnight visit to Isla Suasi was an oasis in an otherwise busy two week itinerary, and the chance to relax overlooking the beauty of the island and Lake Titicaca was extremely welcome. The transfer from Puno by boat, visiting Uros and Taquile en route was smooth and enjoyable with an extremely knowledgeable guide in Maria de los Angeles. Met by Gilbert, the on-island guide, we immediately felt welcome and at ease. Our room was spacious and comfortable, with a luxurious bed and stunning views over the lake. The welcoming barbeque lunch was delicious, and dinner and breakfast were tasty too, with freshly-prepared dishes (can thoroughly recommend the chicken noodle soup!). Take the guided hike up to the island's highest point to see the sunset: it's truly worthwhile, and take the time to go star gazing, even if only for a few minutes (it gets pretty cold at night). The only downside would be the smokiness of the communal rooms once the fires are lit, but it is pretty cold and they are needed. And returning to our room after dinner to find a lit fire burning merrily in the corner of the room was a rare treat!
A beautiful island for a tranquil stay and a chance to recharge admidst the bustle of a full itinerary, for both of us it was the best night's sleep of the entire trip - take the opportunity if you can.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Andina Private Collection Isla Suasi Hotel Puno
- Casa Andina Private Collection Isla Suasi Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A solar-powered ecolodge on remote and uniquely beautiful Isla Suasi—the only private island in massive Lake Titicaca, the world’s highest navigable body of water. Featuring panoramic lake views from every room, surrounded by terraced gardens and designed with native materials (stone, adobe and thatched roofs) to blend into the island, the lodge is committed to being green. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Casa Andina Private Collection Isla Suasi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.