Actually I'm still in Pines View as I write this. It's my third day but I'll be transferring to another hotel later. I'll just enumerate the pluses and minuses of this hotel.
1. Very friendly and accommodating staff -- from the managers, front desk, guard, bellboys
2. Fast wi-fi service in the room
3. The hotel facade and lobby look fantastic at night. The wonderful lighting gives it a rustic charm
4. The interior of the restaurant is quaint and lovely
5. Floor-to-ceiling glass windows at the lobby gives a perfect view of Baguio
6. Along the main road of Legarda
7. Basic toiletries are provided - shampoo, lotion, soap, and toothbrush and toothpaste
8. Pillows are just the way I like it -- soft and flat
9. Comforter is good enough to give me a good night sleep
1. There are other hotels nearby which offer better rooms at lower prices
2. Another hotel is being constructed beside Pines View and the noise in the morning is quite disturbing. The site is also an eye sore
3. Location is a bit far from the main action. Not exactly within the city center but neither is it in the more picturesque part of Baguio
4. The room I had is quite dark and the layout isn't good. The other rooms are better though
5. Quite noisy since I couldn't close my veranda door to block the sounds of vehicles passing and the conversations of the people outside
6. There is only one control for all the lights in my room, thus, I couldn't have it dimmed
7. Free breakfast is so-so. Only two choices on my first day -- ham or tocino with rice or bread with one fried egg and two slices of watermelon plus coffee, tea or orange juice. The problem is I don't eat red meat so I had to content myself with the toasted bread, egg, and butter.
8. Bathroom is nice but should be cleaned properly. I saw a dead moth underneath the sliding door of the shower and an empty shampoo sachet.
9. Towels are old and rough to the skin
10. Not exactly the kind of hotel I would bring my clients to
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your Pines View Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.