Walking into the foyer of the Grand Mercure, you feel a bit overwhelmed by all of the opulence: marble and chandeliers and attentive doormen and all the usual signs of fantastic luxury...
However, it's just a bit of a shame that the same sense of luxury doesn't extend to the rooms, which showed quite a need of renovation.
Most significantly, the bathroom. The leaky old shower, hung strangely in a recess next to the bathroom, seemed like a remnant of the 1980's. The room's decor was also showing signs of tiredness. It's all fairly cosmetic, and didn't noticeably impact on our stay, but you expect a little bit more when you're paying this sort of money.
Location wise, it was okay. Tucked away in a quiet plaza near the Sofitel and about a fifteen to twenty minute walk to the Muslim Quarter, which is where most of the big sights are located.
Overall, a reasonable stay, but didn't quite live up to expectations.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Mercure On Renmin Square Hotel
- Grand Mercure On Renmin Square Hotel Xi`An
- Mercure Xi An
- Accor Xi An
- Grand Mercure Xian Renmin Square China/Shaanxi
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Mercure Renmin Square is a heritage hotel, first opened in 1957 and is located in the grounds of Renmin Square. The hotel reflects the Sino Russian style of architecture, which is steeped in revolutionary history. There are 202 well appointed rooms, a restaurant and bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Agoda, ACCOR, Prestigia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Ctrip DaoDao and Tingo so you can book your Grand Mercure Xian Renmin Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.