By way of background, I'm a frequent business traveller who has stayed in most 5-star hotels in major cities in China. I checked in four seasons hangzhou for a summer get-away. I'd say the experience, both hardware and software are top notch.
I booked 4 rooms under the 3rd night free package. 2 rooms are deluxe, 2 are premier. I requested to have all 4 rooms close to each other and early check-in at 1pm. Upon arrival, 3 out of the 4 rooms were ready, with the 4th room available 1 hr later. And all 4 rooms are next to each other! There were welcome gifts for my two boys, one aged 4 and the other 6 months and there is an NUK milk bottle sterilizer there. My advice, call the hotel up after making the booking, tell them what you need, so they can make better preparation.
The difference btw premier and deluxe rooms is the former has a balcony. There's a feeling of tranquility in all room type as the greenery in the hotel serves as natural fence. The hotel is a low rise Chinese style building spread out into east and west wings. It takes 10 - 15 min walk from east to west wing. The security standard is high as there are doors at both wings repetitively and u can only pass through with your room keys.
The staff are the most friendly and responsible ones I've ever met in China. One of the rooms had ants problem. Our fault of putting some sweet corns on the mini bar... It was at night when i saw ants on the mini bar. I called up the front desk, the manager on duty came within 5 min, didn't say a word, didn't try to find excuses ( very rare in China), apologized and offered to change room (upgrade from deluxe to premier, and still next to my other 3 rooms). In less than 20 min, we moved to the other room. Given the resort nature and greenery, there are Mosquitos and other bugs in the garden. The hotel does regular pest control to minimize the impact on guests. My word of advice, don't leave sweet stuff on the table...
There are two restaurants, western (WLB) and Chinese (Jinsha). WLB serves half buffet style breakfast. U can order hot stuff, eggs, noodles etc and there are buns, bread and a lot more at the buffet table. We had breakfast there all three days during our stay. WLB serves both western and Chinese lunch. Staff are attentive and friendly. Jinsha is a fine dining restaurant mainly with hangzhou, shanghainese and cantonese cuisine. There are round tables for 4 but no larger round tables in the dining hall. Didn't try the private rooms ( min charge 3800 rmb), maybe there are larger round tables there. 8 of us sat at a long table, ended up passing around dishes (which is quite fun). We had dinner two nights at Jinsha. There are plenty of dishes on the menu. Think ppl can dine there 4 nights without duplicating dishes. The foods are fresh, tasty, not oily at all. The presentation is also good. Again, staff are friendly and attentive.
Had 2.5 hr spa session. Huge spa room with a bath tub big enough for 4, 2 futons for foot massage and 2 massage beds, steam room with 2 showers. The head rest for massage bed is not as soft as those in hong kong four seasons. But that's the only thing I could pick on.
There are both outdoor and indoor pools. The indoor pool is too cold even under 38 degree outdoor temperature. It's air-conditioned....
There are playrooms for bith young-adults and kids. Both my boys enjoyed the kids playroom which has playmat, Lego, big TV with DVD. There's a bar at the basement which projects the Olympic games. As there aren't many guests in the hotel (or most ppl have fun somewhere else at night), my family were the only ones there watching the game, feels like a family studio :)
Staff at front desk and concierge are very helpful. They helped book the westlake show tickets, recommend restaurants etc.
It's a pity we didn't enjoy much the outdoor facilities and the beautiful garden as it's too hot. Definately look forward to staying there again when we go to hangzhou next.
- Also Known As:
- Four Seasons Hangzhou At West Lake Hotel Hangzhou
- Four Seasons Hangzhou At West Lake Hotel
- 4 Seasons Hangzhou At West Lake
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In China’s most picturesque setting, Four Seasons reveals an intimate lakeside village, melding centuries of tradition with chic contemporary style. Convenient to business and shopping, discover a tranquil enclave, woven with ponds, streams and lagoons. Experience the gentle spirit of Chinese hospitality in exclusive private dining rooms and resort-style recreation, including two swimming pools and a cutting-edge designer spa. Deftly sophisticated Four Seasons care instills confidence and delight. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Ctrip DaoDao, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Four Seasons Hangzhou at West Lake reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.