We stayed 3 nighs at the Regency in KL before our trip to Langkawi. For the money this hotel is decent value, but not without some complaints. First off, the service both at the front desk and outside at the taxi stand was not what I would consider traveler friendly. I'm American and when I don't understand what the male reception says the first time around, I don't really like it being blurted 5x louder (w/ sarcastic tone) back in my face. That and the taxi stand guy persistently kept telling me to take the taxi to a bus station that I knew was farther. I assume his was to extract a higer fare from his buddy, the executive taxi driver in waiting (which also extracts an additional 3 ringgit from you for being 'executive' while the normal taxis wait down the hill). So all staff shadiness aside, my other gripes were that our air con spewed lukewarm air our first night. They fixed it the second night. The hotel is also located juuuust outside the range of convenience for walking to the main areas, but it is tolerable given the price ($70/night). Rooms are big with kitchenette. Wi-fi was SUPER fast the first two nights, then kept disconnecting the 3rd night. Overall decent stay, but I enjoyed my time at Hotel Maya more for a little more per night.
- Also Known As:
- Pacific Regency Hotel
- Pacific Regency Hotel Kuala Lumpur
- Regency Kuala Lumpur
- Regency Hotel Kuala Lumpur
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel offers 283 suites, stylishly decorated with its trendy yet comforting feel, complete with modern amenities. Special touches in every suite include the roomy ensuite bathroom with separate shower, 40-inch LCD screen television with selected satellite channels, complimentary wireless internet access and stunning views of the Kuala Lumpur skyline. These suites are also great for longer stays in the cities as they come equipped with a kitchenette, complete with crockery and cutlery as well as a lounge area, but are also perfect for short homely stays. When night falls and it’s time to wine and dine, you don’t even have to set foot out of the building. The Pacific Regency Hotel Suites houses one of the most hip, trendy nightspots in the entire city; Luna Bar. Located on the rooftop of the 34th floor, expect an unparalleled 360˚ view of bustling Kuala Lumpur, topped off with great music, a stylish crowd, the rooftop pool and a chill, relaxed ambience. Choose to dine al-fresco, huddle up in dark comfy spots or be seated at any one of the several bars; whatever your choice, look forward to a night you’ll remember. If you’re in the mood for something spicy and tangy, stop off at the 23rd floor and dine at the Soi 23. Expect Northern Thai cuisine, bursting with exotic flavours that will tantalise your taste buds, available for lunch and dinner. If Thai food isn’t your thing, opt for their ala carte menu which offers local and Western delights, all served while you gaze out onto the KL skyline. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Travelocity, Fastbooking, Otel, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com and Tingo so you can book your Pacific Regency Hotel Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.