We stayed here for two nights on the last leg of our honeymoon tour. The main reason we booked Traders was because we wanted a great view of the Petronas Towers, which we definitely got, but that is about all the hotel has going for it!
We booked to stay on the executive floor and were supposed to have a private check in, but we were sent to the main reception, had to queue and it was all very disorganised. Although check in is from 3pm and we arrived at 4.30pm our room wasn't ready.
The executive floor is far from executive. You're lucky to get a seat and you will have to queue for food and drinks, there is no table service as we had experienced in the two other city locations we stayed in on the executive floor. You are told of the dress code on arrival but nobody seems to follow it.
The Sky Bar is worth a visit to see the skyline at night, but book to avoid diapointment. However, you won't be able to spend too long in there because the music is terrible unless you like hard techno!
Both mornings we were seated at tables that had not been cleared for breakfast. The selection was quite good, but they often run out of popular items and take a long time to refill.
Our room was really big and had an amazing view of the Petronas Towers, but there were cigarette burns in the sofa although it was a non smokng room and the carpet had not been fitted properly and we kept on tripping up the excess carpet.
However, the hotel did acknowledge that it was our honeymoon and gave me a bunch of red roses on arrival and sent some cakes to our room and decorated the bathroom with rose petals.
Good location but if you want a luxury hotel, don't stay here!
- Also Known As:
- Traders Hotel, Kuala Lumpur Hotel Kuala Lumpur
- Traders Hotel, Kuala Lumpur Hotel
- Traders Hotel Kuala Lumpur
- Traders Kuala Lumpur
- Traders Hotel Kuala
- Traders Hotel Kl
- Traders Kl
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Traders Hotel, Kuala Lumpur is a contemporary city centre hotel that caters to smart business and leisure travellers. This hotel in Kuala Lumpur offers 571 stylishly appointed rooms and suites in the heart of the city, just opposite the Petronas Twin Towers. Guest Rooms: Traders Hotel Kuala Lumpur offers value accommodation with a range of amenities and facilities combined with an exceptional level of service that is distinct from other KL hotels. Traders Club: Traders Club rooms offer an enhanced level of service, comfort, and convenience for busy travellers, including a personal concierge. All rooms on the Traders Club floors are non-smoking and have exclusive access to the Traders Club Lounge on level 32. Suites: Suites at Traders Hotel, Kuala Lumpur offer spacious and luxurious accommodations. All suites offer a separate sitting area that is perfect for relaxed business meetings, and a choice of dramatic park or city views.All our guests enjoy complimentary WiFi broadband access throughout the hotel premises and in the hotel limousine during airport transfers. It's the freedom smart Travellers know at Traders Hotel, Kuala Lumpur. Restaurants: Traders Hotel Kuala Lumpur provides a fine selection of restaurants in Kuala Lumpur to satisfy your culinary requirements. Enjoy some of the city’s best steaks in intimate elegance at Gobo Upstairs Lounge & Grill on level 6. For more casual dining and popular entertainment, sample Western and Asian fare under an animated light show at the Gobo Chit Chat on level 5. Lounges & Bars: Enjoy the creative cocktail list at the Gobo Upstairs Lounge. A tourist attraction in its own right the famous SkyBar is a cosmopolitan open-air rooftop cocktail bar and a must for any visit to KL. Happy hour runs from 11am - 9pm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Tablet Hotels, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Otel, getaroom.com, HotelTravel.com, Venere, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Traders Hotel, Kuala Lumpur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.